Welcome to the forum

RACE REPORT-ccashwell cross round4 eastern cross league

edited October 2011 in Road Racing
First off were the vets and the woman's race they went off like the clappers and Vincent was in the break away and stayed in there for the majority of the race then he dropped out finishing a brilliant 13th, Phill started got a good start and someone crashed in front of him and avoided the crash then there was a split in the group and Phill was at the front of the group and finished 29th, good effort from them as it was about 30 degrees.

Next was the u12 race and Daniel and did well and finished 20th with Anna behind in in 21st - not bad for there first race in cross and on mountain bikes!

After that there was the team Ashwell U16's race and every one started off fast ass usual I,Theo and Cameron were in the front group but after the hurdles everyone split up and Sean just drove off the front and Cameron following closely behind, Theo got a good start but had to stop because the tub rolled of so he had to roll a little bit on then latter on came off at the hairpins( don't know the detail) then the was me just less than a minute behind Theo and finished 9th. Bryn road a solid ride ass usual just less than 2 minutes behind me.

I would Like to say well done to everyone who rode and who organised it, Good event.

Comments

• Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who helped put on this event. It was tough work in that heat! Without your support and effort there wouldn't be events for our riders to take part in. It appears that across all disciplines of cycling and all sports that getting people to volunteer is getting harder and harder so thank you very much.

The catering team did a fantastic job and made a profit of £186. There was a surplus from the event itself of £214. Both these sums will go into the youth account to help support the grass track/field.

Mark.