Welcome to the forum

08th feb

edited February 2009 in Club runs
On Wednesday after walking my bike to the high street I actually managed 73 very enjoyable miles(the worst bit was by Ashwell Garage) and then on Thursday did 36 cold slushy miles.Both times I headed out in Cambridge direction and found conditions a bit better and of course stuck to any gritted roads I could find......with this in mind I will be trying again tomorrow and for anyone coming I would suggest 09.30 start and maybe advise small groups .....

Carmelo

Comments

• I will be out if it looks safe, the beds roads have cancelled the reliability trial. An 11am start might be a better option though :0)
  • not sure guys...problem is not so much staying on bike but more other drivers reactions...it will probably freeze again tonight like last and black ice is a very high probability.....also the kerbs are stuffed with rutted snow/ice.....I'll probably give it a miss and try and get out a few times in the week if it clears.

Good luck all those who dare....if it clears today i'll go
  • just done 50 miles, mostly OK but black ice in the shade at mid-day. I think I'll have a lay in and get out in the afternoon when it's safer, I've got 200 in already this week!
  • I just went for a fine walk with the kids on Hexton Hills; great walking. I might go for a run there tomorrow; but I don't want to risk cycling. Forecast is sub zero in the early hours of tomorrow. Daniel
  • was planning at being at the petrol station for 9am but if some are mentioning the 9.30am I will do a loop on the club 10 leaving Guilden Morden heading north at 9am. Can meet anyone on the drag out of Guilden if interested. Will then get to the garage for 9.30am but need to be back for 12.30pm latest.
    Weather looks great for tomorrow, apart from the odd bit of ice.
    If very wet will reconsider.
    Vincent
  • I whimped out this morning. More concerned about cars on the road rather than me. I did an hour on the turbo first thing, but will be going out at 2pm today from Gamlingay. If anyone wants to join me then the company will be welcome.
    To get to me from Potton take the right fork as you enter Gamlingay. I'm the first newish house on the right. Saab & Nissan in the driveway. Green garage doors.

Cheers

Trahern
  • Hope everyone got out ok, I did a loop out to hitchin and bedford. There was snow in the backroads but a clear line through most of it....The racing seasons nearly here :o)
  • James and I dropped down to the Bushel for coffee and a chat...no-one else dropped in tho'....good to see some made the ride this week...well done you maniacs......