Welcome to the forum

Club Run review - Sunday Feb 15th 2009

edited February 2009 in Club runs
8 out at the 9am slot - me, Ash [who yesterday won a 4th cat race - and came 2nd in the following 2/3! Well done!], Alex, Vincent, Daniel, Stuart, big Phil and we were ably led by Trahern.

Off to Grafham Water - via a loop Ickwell direction. Good banter and weather held well til Grafham itself - then got really nasty. 5 minute rotations - followed by a speed inducing thru-and-off. Terrible flooding around St Neots and environs. Traversed a closed road. Saw our first riders in shorts of '09 - unwise/mad. Phil troubled by punctures late on. A 5-train wait at level crossing - just enough to get really cold. Excellent stuff. I clocked 68 miles at 17.4mph. Cross winds throughout. Back about 12.45pm.

Comments

• I nipped down to billericay for the SEG 75, a bit of a traditional stretching of legs for essex riders. 75 miles at 19's with plenty of short hills, next week is the beds roads I think...Congrats to Ash!!
  • well done Ash, to win your first race and then have a short break and come second in the 3/4 race superb mate. I can see the 2nd cat licence looming within the next few weeks. Which is great news for us old cat 4 riders who have to ride in thge same races as a cat 3.

Andre i take it you have now slimmed down to your racing weight, at the moment i am dreaming of riding for 1 hour at any pace let alone 75 miles at 19's, i'm glad i a have not got to chase you round the Bedford ride this Sunday.
  • Yeah I'm not far off, 250 miles a week every week does that for you! Still scraping the 4K together for a new bike, but should be sorted in a few weeks. It takes a few races to get the rough off, credit to ash for being fit so early. Take your time keith the season is loooooong!