Welcome to the forum

National trophy round 3 southhampton cyclocross

edited November 2011 in Road Racing
The course was muddy, but it was very bright day (wet from the day before). There were alot of tight corners, a very muddy corner going into a small hill and an exteremely side cambered section.

Cam started not great and was at the back of the field, i didnt have a great start but i took over loads of people on the hill and through corners. i was ahead of cam but when i got on the tarmac straight my gears slipped (differnt cassette forgot to index properly)
some people past me and cam caught up. for the rest of the race it was me and cam together i countered one of his attacks but on the 1 lap to go he got me, i was to knackered to chase him. jon said he made up 3 places.
It was a crazy course because it was so fast yet so muddy and lots of tight corners.Also well done to Bryn who came 13th in the eastern region cross league.

Comments

• Resulst and report now out on the BC site: here

Cameron 14th, Theo 16th and Jon 24.

The pit crew were almost too warm in the bright sun! Good showing from the boys in blue!

Daniel
  • I made up 2 places from the very back of the grid, then latter on in the race a guy over took me leaving me 24th.
  • edited November 2011
  • edited November 2011
    14th Cameron, 16th Theo and 24th Jon...RESULT for CCA youth U16's...well done all

Well done James..Mark/Stevie/Phil/Bryn at Grafham...different location.......much going on....think this edit corrects my earlier gaffe......

great to see so many doing so well
  • well done CCA and thanks for the write up Theo!!