Welcome to the forum

Beds Road CC Reliability Ride? - Sunday 22 Feb

edited February 2009 in Club runs
A few people have mentioned this already. How about this for a bit of a different Sunday Club Run?

Their HQ is in/near Cardington [past Old Warden near the two big old airship hangars]. £4. 8.30am for a 9am start. 50 mile and 70 mile options. Not a race. Either drive or ride over. Weather forecast for Sunday pretty good for Feb.

http://www.bedsroad.org/berita.php?view=detail&id=37

Comments

• I'll be there, they give you a map and theres tea and cakes in the club house...Whats the worst that can happen!!
  • Thanks for the information Martin. Count me in too. Daniel
  • I have translated the route to GPS. If anyone wants the file, let me know. Daniel
  • Would love to join you all......we have a new member starting ...Russell Baker and said I would be there for him..also another new one Ian McNally..probably a 2nd claim is about to join along with his daughter for the youth section..so will be doing club or middle ride depending on range there. Hopefully Bob will be taking club ride....have a good one...if it's nice I want to do 50+miles this week.
  • yaaaarg that hurt! congrats to ash and trahearn for getting round, 11 of us in the front group out of 80ish starters. I went on to make it a round 100 for the day and 315 for the week!
  • edited February 2009
    Aye - well done to the CC Ashwell contingent and to Ash again for coming 2nd in another race yesterday too.

I faded back to the pack after the first 35 miles - and then missed a turn to add another 9 miles. I needed Daniel's GPS - but he was too far ahead! I rolled in late; 79 miles at 18.0 mph. Still had tea and swiss roll tho. Good turn out overall and some nice scenery en route. Maybe a few more CCA faces next year?

Beds Road CC report; http://www.bedsroad.org/berita.php?view=detail&id=42
  • It was indeed a grand day out. Fun to be rolling along in such a large group of cyclists. It was dead easy for the first 25 miles or so! The next 6 saw the pelton thin to just two abreast and then, I am afraid, I was struggling. I fell back and hooked up with some friendly triathletes from Milton Keynes, luckily their GPS was working (mine not!) so I got back without errors. Too bad I missed you Martin! I rolled in with only 70 miles on the clock at 17.5 mph.

I have spotted Ash well in the background of one of the photos on the Beds Road, see link above.