Welcome to the forum

Trip to Thetford Forest - Sat 10th Dec

edited November 2011 in Youth
Hi all,

I am organising a youth section trip to Thetford Forest on Saturday 10th December to do some off-road riding. Older members are welcome as well as we will split into ability groups. Cyclo-Cross bikes welcome as well as MTBs.

Meet at Brandon Country Park, Bury Road, Brandon, IP27 0SU at 9:45am for 10am start. 3 hours of riding followed by refueling in the visitor centre cafe.

Thetford Forest has a great mixture of fire roads and technical singletrack with some bomb holes to dive in and out of. It drains really well so is virtually never boggy, even this time of year.

Let me know if you are coming so I can organise groups and leaders and wait for you if you are late.

Mark.

Comments

• This was a fun trip on Saturday morning, although it was very cold. Bryn, Steve and Elspeth, Julian and Fiona and guests Geraint and William and myself set off with our local guides from Mildenhall CC, Mandy and Matt. Ed and Nigel joined us where we were playing at throwing ourselves into a pit (on our bikes). Ed promptly collided with a tree at the bottom on Anneka's new bike!

We completed the whole of the black run just in time for a great lunch back at the tea rooms. There Julian and I bored Fiona by reminiscing about our days racing in the Kent and Surrey Leagues.

Well done to everyone who came round with us, it was great to have your company. A big thanks to Matt and Mandy for leading us round.

Mark.