Welcome to the forum

Regional championships at Welwyn

edited December 2011 in Road Racing
I was on the third row and Theo was on the second. we both got a good start I went around the outside of people to get to the main group( the group which Theo was in) Theo stayed in there and not far off the leader, betting Joe Fry coming 5th, tough bunch today! Where I found the first lap was pain full, trying to hang on to the main group but faded and fell of I had a good fight (over taking) with mat Madwick but I Faded again towards the latter stages of the race, but I felt that I rode the race all right for the rest of it. Bryn rode well. Putting a brilliant effort finishing 17th, always improving.

Mark rode a good race, started of at the back of the bunch then just over taking the next rider as they came into sight, towards the end of the race he didn't fatigue and just over took a bunch of people as the course got more and more muddy. Stevie and Anna rode a goo race stevie fell and was fine but with her bike it apeared that the stem wasn't tight enough but i think was the problem with the forks because we tightened it up and still some play. She continuted the race anyway, well done. Anna rode a good race just ahead of Stevie before the fall then mechanical.

Well done everyone. Brilliant couse

Comments

• Well Done all..
    Any Pictures to come ??
  • edited December 2011
    James rode the Under 12s race at the championship, along with new members Felix and Noah. I expected to see a big pile up at the start, with up to 40 excited kids heading straight into a narrow 90 degree corner only ten metres from the start line, but they all stayed upright. This is the race report from James.

Mark F

"At Welwyn all under 12 CC Ashwell members did really well.
    I came 20th , Noah came 27th and Felix came 33rd .

Lucky beat my main rivels.

I was also very pleased that there was a food store
    After the race."
  • edited December 2011
    N.B. The races today were the *combined* championships of Eastern and London/SE regions. So Theo was actually 2nd in the Eastern youth championship, and Jon and Bryn were both inside the top ten by my reckoning. And if Cameron lived the right side of the tracks so that he competed in Eastern region not Central, CCA would no doubt have had four youths in the top ten of Eastern Region...

James was the fifth placed Under 10 out of the two combined regions, but was much more interested in getting hold of a decent-sized chocolate bar afterwards.

No photos of the youth race, I'm afraid, but here are snaps of James in the U12 race. I'll post photos of Stevie & Mark in the vets/women race in a minute. Stevie had a great battle with Anna throughout the race.

• Well done to all, thanks for the report and Mark, the great photos as usual.
  • Excellent photos.. Result for Theo and team...
    James looks totaly focused ! Mark has a great race face..(+ Pedal up on the corner as per instuction Saturday )
    Les Blues great representation especially from younger riders u12s...
  • Yes, good call, good to see coach expertly demonstating cornering technique as per saturdays instructions. Perfect apart from a bit of arm warmer slippage, not that im nit picking you understand!
  • Terrific photos and well done all - Superb.
  • well done CCA - great result youth squad!!
  • It is such a pleasure to see how all you young riders are doing......a great season with so much more to come.....well done all
  • the rest of the results:

Mark Wyer - 26th
    Anna Fraser-12th
    Stevie Wyer-13th