Welcome to the forum

Club Cyclo-Cross Champs - Sat 14th Jan 2012

edited December 2011 in Cyclocross/Offroad
Hi all,

Fiona and I are running the unofficial (until ratified by the committee) club Cyclo-Cross Championships at our field on Saturday 14th January.

10am for signing on and practice. Racing starts at 10:30am.

Under 14s, Under 12s and Under 10s categories just £2 to enter. Plus an everyone else race (£5) - come and test yourself against our youth racing squad! MTBs welcome. The course will be suitable for all the novices that have come to the Saturday morning sessions.

Guests are welcome.

Mark.

Comments

• Thanks for this Mark and Fiona. This will be a hoot. Also a great opportunity to practice in advance of the Eastern League Team Event on February 4th.

Daniel
  • sounds great, football permiting will be there with the Ducklings
  • Hi all,

Don't forget this event is for everyone not only those who have been racing this season. I have some bikes that can be borrowed if you book with me.

Best wishes,
    Mark.
  • Got a late kick off with kids football tomorrow, will be very late. Damn
  • edited January 2012
    Well in the end football was cancelled, yippee. The cross event was fantastic, about 38 riders i think of all ages. I forgot my camera, took a couple of pics with the i phone but they are rubbish. Anyone else got some snaps?

Some great racing and a very tricky and surprisingly long course. It certainly got the better of me!

Thanks Mark and Fiona really enjoyed it as did Hector in the end after his initial tumble
  • There were a few club regulars missing in the senior/U16 race. Theo and Cameron were preparing for a National Series Race on Sunday, Bryn has a chest infection and I was organising. This left Jon Chapman to claim the club senior/U16 title. Jackie Field took the women's title despite crashing into the hurdles on the first lap.

Seniors/U16
    1. Matthew Mantle (Guest - Mildenhall CC)
    2. Jon Chapman
    3. Julian Pegg
    4. Stuart Field
    5. Jackie Field
    6. Anna Fraser
    7. Mark Fraser
    8. Tim Duckett
    9. Stevie Wyer
    10. Fiona Pegg
    11. Diane Mantle (Guest - Mildenhall CC)
    12. Stuart Woolsey
  • Oliver Woolsey won the club Under 14 race in with the Novice Under 16's.

1. Charlie Parr - Welwyn Wheelers
    2. Adam Gough - Mildenhall CC
    3. Jack Lowther
    4. Tom Everton - Fenland Clarion
    5. Oliver Woolsey - CC Ashwell
    6. Cameron Hall
    7. Richard Chennells - CC Ashwell
    DNF Ryan Davis
  • James Fraser was the club champion in the Under 12s race chasing super speedy Colin from Mildenhall all race. James only started racing mid season and is progressing quickly. Noah Field was second with Felix Field third. Hector Duckett missed the first race after falling off warming up. However he got back on and completed the second handicap race.

1. Colin Mantle - Mildenhall CC
    2. James Fraser - CC Ashwell
    3. Jack Tuffs - Mildenhall CC
    4. Noah Field - CC Ashwell
    5. David Norman - Kings Cliffe Flyers
    6. Lotty Wylde - St. Ives CC
    7. Felix Field - CC Ashwell
    8. Katie Lawrence
    9. Joe Kiely - North Road CC
    10. Martha Dean-Tozer
    11. George Dean-Tozer
    12. Elena Gough - Mildenhall CC
    13. Jack Hunton
    14. Luke Armstrong
    15. Daniel Armstrong
  • Excellent event well organised.My first race and without doubt not my last. Everybody from all clubs were very supportive and the Small Gains course was excellent (There is a flat section now after a small tumble!!)

A big thanks to Mark, Fiona and all for organising setting etc great spirit of Cyclo cross..
  • great event. enjoyed riding the course, thanks mark and fiona and everone else who was envolved
  • Jon - you did your bit, tape fixing and marshalling. Also thanks to Geoff and Stevie for their help in the morning.

A big thanks to Mandy from Mildenhall for Commissairing and helping out. Hopefully we will have an inter-club event next year.

Thanks to everyone who helped clear up at the end, especially Noah, James and Felix who carried great armfuls of stakes.

Finally of course thanks to Fiona for all her help.

Mark.
  • I echo the comments. Thanks to Mark W, Fiona and everyone who helped run the event, and congratulations to all prize-winners.

I was rather publicly defeated by the current Mrs Fraser. After hanging on to her wheel for the whole race, the elastic snapped with five minutes to go and she ruthlessly pulled away. One day I may forgive her...

Mark F
  • A couple of pics from Saturday…

null