Welcome to the forum

Sunday 1st March Fast/Nasties/Racers group, how far are you going?

edited February 2009 in Club runs
Gents,

Was hoping to make my return this weekend depending on what time you were likely to be back in Ashwell?

So I guess the question is how far are you planning on going?

Is it still a 09:00 start or is 08:30 on the cards yet?

Skelders :)

Comments

• How about an 8.30am start? Reckon everyone happy with that - certainly warm and light enough now. 60ish miles - therefore back at 12.30pm?

Route/ride leader? Carmelo? Trahern?

ps Tim - put me down for a CCA cap
  • 08:30 suits me very well. (How can we tell that a decision has been taken?) Daniel
  • i can do 8.30 - bbc forecast shows rain unfortunately
  • I prefer 9am start as it give me time to cycle down to Ashwell. If you want to start earlier cycle out Wrestlingworth way via Morden and meet me on the way in!!!!

Trahern
  • I'll be out though 60 miles seems a bit short with the season already underway for some...spose I can add some on at the end...
  • Hello all. Malcolm and me would like to join the fast group tomorrow. Has a time been decided yet? 08.30 or 09.00?

If anyone picks this message, could you please text me on 07973 424738.

Thanks

Tony and Malcolm
  • I say 8.30am - and we cycle out Guilden Morden then Wrestlingworth [then up via the longer Potton Wood hill road?]- to meet Trahern. Then we can ride on together - even if that might mean turning back on ourselves a bit. Trahern - you got a route in mind to lead us? Likely over 60 miles this way? So Andr
  • See tomorrow at 08:30 Martin! Daniel
  • think Arlsey Flyer was expecting 9am start.....was picking up tubes at 8.50 from here
    hope he knows early start..see you on med. ride Keith????
  • just re-read Keiths last...my bad...he is playing 90 minuets on a short ride tomorrow ...a hands free cycling instrumentalist.....no wonder his tendons are strained!!!!!!
  • Thanks for the tubes Geoff, met Carmello on my route this morning, he obviously did not read the forum as it was 9.05 and he was still in Ashwell. Well i have done my 90 mins out at 8am, should be back to normal by the end of March if i do as im told. Nice to see Andre doing plenty of miles that will keep your weight down mate.
  • edited March 2009
    Nine out at 8.30am. With Trahern, Alex, Andr
  • Good ride today, I carried on to make 101 miles with a leg out to abbotsley after riding home with trahern...Might be my last one for a bit so have a good season and see you on the road some time :)
  • middle ride today.....started sharp at 9.30 with 13...planned a route Littlington/Barrington/Barton/Comberton and up Looooong Road.....Split there as 2 had to be back early and josh raced yesterday..didn't need the miles. on joined them..they would have done 35 or so.....we carried on Madingly/oakington/Swavesey/Boxworth/Bourne/Longstowe/Cockayne Hatley/Croydon hill and home.....just after 1.00pm..62 miles at 18mph.....we picked up Ashley out on a recovery ride after racing yesterday at Hog Hill...another place 5th....so in 3 weeks..1st and 2nd place...2nd and now 5th. Well done Ashley....we parted company with riders as they approached suitable turning for home points..All stayed together and shared work except Phil who had already done 2hrs prior to our ride so near a 100 for Phil. Carmelo and Richard Laws joined our ride along with Bob Cunningham and Ian Foulkes.......we picked up another rider in Black on the way...anyone get his name..went with Tim/Josh and Jon
    Great ride and good company all the way..good fun.

Understand the club ride had 14 out so that makes a total of 37 riders all combined.....great stuff....
  • Hi Chaps

Thanks to all that tried to help me back to Ashwell it was realy a good ride but lost my legs out on the road at some point, made it back to just before Ashwell station and got picked up.Not like me to give up so need to spend more time on the bike over the next few weeks.I hope i did not slow down the group to much at the end,but thanks again for all the help and will see you in a few weeks.
  • This ride was a good example of why I choose the 'Nasty ride'. I don't want it easy and today we had to work hard phyiscially but also mentally; Tony's broken spoke, we all got tired and perhaps lapsed a little concentration from time to time. Through this collective struggle we had to work together, and we did. It is good to search the way; we shouldn't rely on just one individual knowing the way. Likewise we should all take responsability to shout changes on the front when needed.

I had the pleasure of seeing the Saturday ride form and set off. The Saturday Youth Group formed two groups, one off the other on road. 37 out on Sunday. This really is great stuff.

Daniel
  • Fantastic ride on Sunday, loved it! Fell off the back completely just before Ashwell as I was getting tired and kept thinking of the further 10 to get me home (also I had ran out of food and water…bad planning on my part)

Got home and a pint of milk and half a packet of custard creams later, I began to feel a little more human!

I clocked 80 miles at 17mph

Thanks to whomever loaned me the multi tool to adjust my dangerously angled saddle…could’ve been a nasty one that

Cheers

Dave
  • Enjoyed the ride up to the broken spoke. Twiddled along nicely for a couple more miles, then the rear wheel really begun to wobble. Made my way to Royston, where my nice mum came to pick me up. 73 in total. Next time I come out with spare spoke and key, as that would have been a five minute fix, no lobger than a puncture. Lesson learnt.

Thanks to all for the ride, it was needed. See you next Sunday.

Tony
  • it was a great ride, thoroughly enjoyed it!

Great to see such a good turn out in all groups! How many in club kit i wonder??? 30% of nasties in club colours... would be great if we can up that a bit chaps, 37 riders in blue would be brilliant!!

New batch of shirts being ordered this week. if you want specific kit let me know, see brochure link below:

http://www.endura.co.uk/Dept.aspx?dept_id=134

new style of shorts have committee approval - black with white lettering - I will bring a sample tomorrow night if you want to view before ordering at the monthly pub meeting!

so far great feedback on new kit, its only a four week turnaround, you could be sporting the new style by Easter!!!

Cheers

Skelders
  • Chapeau to you malcom G, never worry about holding the group up. There was a mix of hardened riders and guys just beggining proper training so tired legs were enevitable...Respect to anyone who comes out on the big boys ride....

I know i'm not a member, but heres my two penneth about your kit. I worry that from the rear it just doesn't stand out enough in poor light IMO it needs a block of a light colour to make it stand out a bit more. You can congratulate yourselves on making a fine club from a very small catchment area, shame about losing the meeting place everyone melts away now post ride...
  • First ride out with the club yesterday and must say I really enjoyed the ride. Good company and reasonable pace on the club run 16.5 over 43miles. Still had some pace left in the legs at the end but was let down by my gunked up front mech. Some repairs / cleaning required but think I may step up for the medium group next weekend - weather permitting.

What time is the pub/club evening tomorrow. Would be good to meet some of you all sans shades and helmets!?!?!?!
  • anytime after 7:30'ish
  • Hi. Just would like to confirm the starts time for this Sunday, 08th, club runs. Club and intermediate 09.00. What about those horrible people that go so fast and far that they caused my wheel to break. What time are you starting?

Geoff, I believe my friend Dominic may have been emailing you re club run on Sunday. He will be wearing brand new cycling gear as he was going to turn up in his commuter waterproofs. I told him that was a big no or he would be cycling on his own, after all club members kicked him in the shins.
    Can you please comment on how lovely he looks in his lycra, as encouragement.

Thanks

Tony
  • yep Tony...he'll be there.....thanks for giving a friendly picture of us to Dominic.....club and mid run start at 9.00am..can't speak for fast group(big boys ride ) as Andre puts it......us middies clearly aren't so hardened.........we need a soft start and work up to the speed. Also..many of the fast group are well warmed up by the time they get to Ashwell whereas most of the middies start from Ashwell, or close.
    I've got a 50-60 mile planned, but will check the likely wind direction before committing to it. Is that distance o.k. for everyone else??
  • I'm on time restrictions so will go in whatever group will be back for 12