Welcome to the forum

ipswich national chapionships

edited January 2012 in Road Racing
It was a sunny day at the 2012 national cyclocross chapionships in ipswich. the course was round a large park with a manor house, the ground was stable with little mud, it was a high pressure day. the time before the race soon disapeared and cameron and i found our selfs being gridded. The arm and leg warmers were of; it was time to race. we both had a good start, i tried to get as far up the peleton as possible but i'm still in about the same place i started. suddenly i see cam crawling ahead, as we go through the fast corners, i realise that i have to make my move now to get onto a good group of riders. the course leads us through sharp corners, a wooded up hill section then soon enough we climb up the finishing gravel straight, onto the second lap. i was powering round the course trieing to catch up with the group cam was in but i just couldn't reach them. by the last lap i decieded to let robert robertson the guy behind me lead, as we jumped over the hurdles he fell and gave me another obsticle to jump. i decidied to make one last push to make up to the group. I caught on person who usal beats me at the nationals, but unfortunatly that was all and i finished 23rd out just under 40 riders. cam came a brilliant 16th. I was pleased with my performance i just wish i could have got with the group on the frist lap.
cam ipswich
the ipswich
photos courtesy of james tapley

Comments