Welcome to the forum

British Cycling Workshop - Thurs January 26, Ashwell School 18:30 - 21:30

edited January 2012 in Youth
THE RACING PATHWAY - a British Cycling workshop

I am delighted to confirm that Rob Sharman and Sara Flatt of British Cycling will be coming to deliver a workshop on January 26. 18:00 for 18:30 start, with a 21:30 finish. The session will cover quite a lot so Geoff will providing a slice of pizza in the break. It will be held at Ashwell School.

The session is aimed at young riders and parents. This session is for YOU if you are thinking about racing or racing already. This workshop will not deal with sports science and prescribed training it is a workshop which explains the racing pathway, how to use it and what the basic principles & priorities are when training so in turn you can make the best use of the racing pathway, it provides a really sound understanding to develop a deeper understanding of training & racing from.

Both Sara and Rob are accomplished racers in their own disciplines so will be speaking from expert experience and a genuine commitment to the sport and youth cycling in particular. Rob is the BC Eastern Region Youth Coach (and races for Sportscover Altura RT) and Sara is the BC Eastern Region Events Co-ordinator.

The headline topics are:

• Developing Young Athletes – principles and priorities for training and racing
• Youth Racing Opportunities in the Eastern Region

Make sure you bring a notepad a pen!

Please register your attendance by clicking on this doodle poll LINK

I encourage you all young members to come to this session as I am sure it will be very informative.

Best regards

Daniel

Comments

• Thanks to Daniel, Geoff, Mark and of course Rob & Sara.

Henry enjoyed the evening and has lots to think about (cycling vs football!!!)

I, on the other hand, thought I was training well this year.... Clearly not, must try harder!! I feel somewhat unworthy ;-)
  • Pleased Henry enjoyed it. I think the evening was very well targeted to his age and above; the track sprinting advice was very well judged I thought. I hope for the younger ones it was also relevant.

Daniel
  • Thanks to everyone, especially Daniel for his continuing enthusiasm and support. Rob had done his homework and the sprint section was a good initiative and extremely helpful. Great to have advice and confirmation of what it takes to hit the top in such a discipline. Hope Andrew and Ed found it useful.The evening was a tad over the youngest ones heads, but I think in terms of aspiration they could see where their enthusiasm and effort could lead. Sorry Anna Wallis couldn't make it.What impressed me was the level of ambition in our young riders and our club so new to racing.
    It can only get better with such aims.