Welcome to the forum

Beds road reliability ride, Sunday 5th Feb

edited January 2012 in Sportives
Anybody doing the ride this year?

Quite a few if I remember rightly last year...

Dave.

Comments

• Dave, I plan on doing this, was pretty hard last year so should be a good test of fitness!
    jez
  • i'll be there
  • Certainly like to give it another go - depends on footy arrangements. This is an excellent event, however, I would agree with Jez's comments, this can get tough - you have been warned.
  • There are two reliability rides, on the 5th and 19th. Two distances on each day but the 19th longer. All details on the Beds Road website
  • this year there is no massed start which ruins it for me, you can start any time between 8-10ish. Think I was second man home last year with that corleys cyclo cross rider. I plan to sign on at 9am and see who's there......
  • This should really be in the racing section, not sportives. It is heavy, at least it used to be. The staggered start Andre notes will calm things down a bit. I guess aim for a 09:00 start if you like it spicy.

If you're feeling strong this is a great event.

Daniel
  • its not spicy until the end really and the first one is short. Stay off the front, dont ride too far back and pay attention when the splits start....If ash turns up then like me hang on as long as you can!

simples
  • I'm up for the 5th Feb longer one at least - 59 miles.

Nice to start together at 9am - a bit 'London Phoenix'. Though I doubt I'll hold on for long. I'm sure I'll latch on to others. As Andr
  • just need to book with the boss but should also be up for this. :-)
  • i will be there - not sure whether i am up to "london phoenix" speed yet!!!
  • I'll be there (weather permitting) but aiming to start at 8am - circa 16pmh ish.
  • Yeah. Probably in the form of 'fixed' if I can make 'em.
  • edited February 2012
    Bringing this to the top, I'm in. What time? still aiming for 09:00????

Hmmm just seen the weather forecast... -2 ice & snow.... 8-O
  • i will be there - met office shows +2 with (a bit of) sunshine...
  • cool... (literally)
  • We all still good for this weather permitting???

BTW cyclocross today was awesome!!!! Bloody cold but awesome !!
  • yes - still going (weather permitting) - planning on starting from Beds Road Clubhouse at 9am

great result for CCA in the cyclocross - 2nd overall - excellent!!
  • I'm out (work)...

Dave
  • beds road have put on their website that the event is cancelled - booohhh!!
  • Out with the MTB's then