Welcome to the forum

Inter Club TT series

edited January 2012 in Time Trial
Any news on this for 2012??? It was becoming quite competative mid season?? and we did rather well i seem to recall?

Comments

• Yep, pretty much the same as last year. we are hosting the 25 again. We are trying to put together a whole club calendar, dates will be on there soon.

The first one is a 10 and i understand it might be on a super fast course. If its the one i think it is , it has a large drop in height over the course so much so that it was banned from national comps. Anyway, ill let you know but might be a good early opportunity to get a good 10 time under your belt.

Would be great to win one this year!!
  • edited January 2012
    Date Event Start HQ Promotor
    Sat 21 April 10 mile TT on F15/10 Brogborough 2pm IRC
    Sun 20 May 30 mile TT Hitchin Nomads
    Sun 24 June 15 mile TT Beds Road CC
    Sun 15 July 25 mile TT CC Ashwell
    Sun 7 Oct Hill Climb Hitchin Nomads

Found the above on the Icknield website... Away for the club 25 this year...darn!!

Dave
  • excellent! I like the sound of that 10!

last year's opener was also a fast one, can't remember the course. We need a better CCA turn out though as we failed to get the minimum riders in that first one which put us on the back foot from the off.
  • any idea on a date for the CCA Hardriders?

Skelders have you ordered one of those new Cervelo P5 jobs yet :-) (see other thread)
    Lee
  • I'll be away for the "home" 25 as well. thats 2 down already, before we've even started!
  • Hardriders is 25th March. Nice to see everyone chomping at the bit already!! The calendar will be up soon, promise.
  • edited January 2012
    Excellent, first time it doesn't clash with the Argus!!! Look forward to it 8-)

P5.... it's a dream! And that's how it will stay I'm afraid 8-(

;-)
  • Sorry guys, just looking at the rest of the series dates and I'm unable to do the next 2 events due to other commitments !!!!!! :-(
  • Nige - the 30 miler was changed to the saturday, does that help???
  • and I can't do the CCA 25 on the 15/7 as its
  • Sadly not mate, I'm doing an open event, F12/10....... It's all booked
  • the next ic is saturday 19th may as skelders says - ride it on the saturday then help out at the primavera sunday (if you are not riding that too...) - perfect weekend!

lejog will take a few people out of the 3rd event, the 15 on 24 june,

the 4th is our event the 25 on 15th july - riders and helpers needed to represent the club

equally important is the final event - the hill climb on sunday 7th oct - last year we only had 2 cca riders- the others clubs were all much better represented - so stick it in your diary NOW!
  • Looks like I could be in for the "home" event too.... ;-) course info anyone ?
  • edited May 2012
    Nige: here's our IC home event for 15th July;

http://www.bikemap.net/route/838236#lat=52.102334547326&lng=-0.10739&zoom=13&maptype=ts_terrain

Good luck all CCA Interclub riders this Saturday!
  • Many Thanks...... :-)
  • points from Sat IC30:

Beds Road CC 162
    CC Ashwell 122
    Hitchin Nomads CC 97
    Icknield RC 3

This brings the combined points standings after 2 events to ...

BRCC 645
    CC Ashwell 478
    HNCC 318
    Icknield RC 317
  • That's us looking good in 2nd ?? Strength in numbers, Beds have had that on both events so far !!!!
  • agreed Nige, we lost out on c50 points over the two events due to lack of numbers!
  • edited May 2012
    did we ever get the points allocation breakdown from the first round - my "calcs" have us scoring different to the 356 points we were allocated.
  • i agree phil, had a quick look and their numbers on the first one didnt make sense, would be good to know exactly how it is calculated
  • graham from BRCC has kindly sent me over the score sheet - the results were based on 61 riders with the top 9 from each team scoring
  • Just entered the IC 15