Welcome to the forum

Mistly Cross

edited January 2012 in Road Racing
First up was the vets and women’s race. Unfortunately Daniel misjudged a bit on the tire front so after his first lap of slippery accents on the tricky course it was time for a wheel change. He was “feeling the Christmas turkey” so didn’t do as well as some of the pre Xmas races but he still made a good recovery. In the women’s race Jackie raced ahead leaving Stevie and Anna to fight it out .
42nd Jackie Field
52nd Daniel Doncaster
53rd Anna Fraser
54th Stephanie Wyer

After James Fraser had raced into 12th place in the under 12s it was our turn. The course was a long mixture of up and down hills in the woods with plenty of corners to fill in. From the moment the whistle blew we raced off on the long grassy straight, I managed to pull into the lead by the first corner then down a steep hill which then went up two other short hills , round a couple of corners into the pits. When I looked back I was surprised not to see Cam. Unfortunately on the first corner his chain snapped of he could ride down the hill but he then had to run to the pits and receive his spare bike. I continued the woodland course, without Cameron to battle it out with, Finishing 1st. James Madgwick crashed on the first corner so he and cam were both in last place but they managed to get back to the front with James coming 2mins 36 seconds later in 2nd place and Cam less than 10 seconds behind in 3rd. It was a really great course but it was a shame to see cam have such bad luck

Mark Wyer later followed in the elites race, he was very smooth but also claimed that the Christmas dinner had caused problems.
Results are here

Comments