Welcome to the forum

anyone know where the F15/25 is?? & the F2D/10??

edited January 2012 in Time Trial
its not in the handbook??

Comments

• The F15/10 starts at the top of a massive hill in brogborough (On the way to MK) and then heads NE and goes through one roundabout, with the turn about 5.2 miles on, with a shorter trip back to the finish at the foot of the hill

Could possibly be same starting point with a further turning point?
  • Also, I think the f2d/10 starts near hardwick/dry drayton on the A428, heads 5 miles west with the turn point at the caxton giblett roundabout with a similar finish point (if its this course, then it looks very flat and fast on the drive to work)

Dave
  • cheers Dave.... errr still none the wiserthough :-} I'm a bit cr@p at directions, will get my maps out.

Thanks again :-}
  • or it the longer version of this?

F15/15 -
    HQ Area:

START in road leading to gateway to hangers, on A600 just south of Shortstown RaB. (G.R. 077465). Turn immediately LEFT onto A600 (Care) and proceed S.E. on A600 to RaB at beginning of Shefford by-pass (M) where take 2nd exit. Continue on Shefford by-pass (A600) to A507 / A600 RaB (M) where take 2nd exit and continue on A507 to TURN at next RaB (by filling station). Where retrace outward route to FINISH at entrance to field gateway opposite the start.

Record Holder:
  • found it -

F2D/10 - - A428 - Madingley - A428 - Cranbourne
    HQ Area: Cambourne

START (GR322603) on old A428 east of Cambourne flyover, about 350yds east of RAB (on north side on Flyover) at 12th drain east of double gates, entrance to Water Tower. Proceed westwards on old A428 to RAB where 1st exit onto A428 eastbound, about 1 mile after Hardwick flyover bear left onto A1303, signed Cambridge, pass over A428 to:-
    TURN (5.05 miles) at Madingley RAB. Retrace on A428 westbound to leave A428 at Cambourne flyover. At top of slip road take 1st exit towards Cambourne to:-
    FINISH (GR318601), about 170yds after leaving A428 slip road. Just past private lane Crowdene and 6yds past grey Cambourne sign and 30yds before (i.e. north of) lamppost 35.

Record Holder: Michael Hutchinson

Course Record: 0:19:22
  • See http://connect.garmin.com/activity/82524467

It's a flat, fast dual-carriageway but it's pretty exposed to the wind. We were 21 mph out & 30mph back in this example, and only two solos from a pretty good field got underneath 21 mins on the day. The turn is good & safe but takes a long time to get round.
  • I did 21.19 for 5th that day, crap turn/windy/exposed/good surface/bad finish...there are better versions like the one that turns at caxton. Some club events by team cambridge and cambridge cc in summer open to all :-)