Welcome to the forum

tt courses

edited January 2012 in Time Trial
Skelders asked me about local courses and as you know i get around a bit...if your after a quick time then the E2 courses at 10.25,30 and 50 are all good and use the A11 in the newmarket area. The F1 is reasonably quick but i dont ride it after a rider was killed 10 minutes after I finished. The B25/4 on the attleborough bypass is good, there are 10, 25 and 50's on the same road. The F20/10 is very quick on the A10 near hertford, I've done a lot of 20's on it also the H10/181 and F11/10.

There are quick 25's/50's on the A1 up near the river trent. There is a super quick course in south wales R25/3h, worth a trip for a PB, also the V718? at Hull is a really quick 10, I travel to every event there. To get into these fast events your going to need a reasonable time i.e at least 22.30 and 58.00. Joining the EA VTTA will get you a ride in the vets events on the E2 if your old enough!

I rode the Spoco east league last year and came second overall, the courses are rolling b roads and can be a challenge. I really enjoyed them, theres a link on the Team Cambridge website. Always drive a spoco course to have a look before the race!! Most B,F,N and E courses are not too far away and very few get full fields.

andr

Comments

• Cheers Andr
  • sometimes worth entering a quick event on sat' and another event on sunday just in case you dont get in the first one! A trawl through last years event winners in the handbook will give you an idea of which events are fast...happy to answer any tt related questions you might have :-)