Welcome to the forum

fast group - change sunday to saturday???

edited February 2012 in General
As forecast for Sunday is looking bad at the moment was thinking of a 70 miler on Saturday instead....09.00am try to end up with 18's at the most...would join 08.00 lot but that is going to be SO cold at that time! mmm what to do..any takers?

Comments

• I'd definitely be up for this as the later start does make sense, and 70 at 18+ sounds spot on.
  • Yes. Just seen this. See ya there.
  • Nice one - we've a small but perfectly formed peloton comin' together. Any more takers for the chilly express!
  • Yes, sounds good, see you all at 9
  • Im in...make it 19's I can do 18's on my own bwahahahahaha
  • Well... certainly was exposed not only to the cold but the quality of Carmello, Jez and Phil. Gears would have helped a little but not enough to hold their pace. Great route. Top ride. Nice one chaps! A jolly good 70miles.
  • Tip top ride - loved it; thanks guys. Those Tuesday night circuit sessions are playing havoc with my legs at the moment.......when will the pain stop!?
  • Just got up from the sofa!! ouch....!

Good hard ride..well done guys...Hope you didn't miss us Andre ..we waited a while but we were getting cold......my clock showed 72 miles with avg 17.9..actual speed was higher as we had a few hold ups including rescuing a poor old dog that was cold and wandering around the middle of the road in danger of being run over at Chishill..see, we're not that nasty!.....did the Saffron Walden,Radwinter,Fulbourn run via Col de Barrington and Orwell on return leg...God it was cold....most of the ride below freezing only getting to .5 or 1 degree later on...Well done Robbie....Jez and Phil even finding energy for some sprint training en route..wow!

Snow still looking likely so good move swithching to Saturday..pretty sure Beds Road and Hemel reliabilty rides will be cancelled...