Welcome to the forum

Club Run review - Sunday 8th March 2009

There were about 33 riders who turned up at 9am. Bright sunshine - but very strong winds from the west. Club runners departed and a [too big] combined middle/nasty group headed to Wrestlingworth and then Gamlingay. A couple of riders collided at a junction [sans gravit

Comments

• good to hear how you progressed Martin............ Our group took the same route towards Ampthill.....before the Cople turn we ran into Bob's club ride and three of our number joined them...before the right Haynes turn Ian and Jane headed homeward on the ntandem....they had also raced and didn't need the extra miles.......Dave was under the weather a bit and left us before Maulden.....so 11 down to 6.........we carried on but hit the cold front and decided that with rain or something worse coming we would turn back and finally get the benefit of the wind......besides Tim had to be back before 12.30 latest.....we cut round via Gravenhurst and Shillington.....shelford clifton and Langford......50-52 at just over 17mph av.......a mixed but good ride.

I understand Josh came off on the club run but was o.k....anyone got a report of your club ride guys??

Club run..14 riders..nasties..9...middle..10-11(tandem)...Wednesday ride..9.....Saturday ride 8..and when the youth group rides we usually have 7-8 riders..so most weeks these days we turn out 50-60 riders...that is quite a high level of active riders..we seem to be doing something right !!!!!!!!!!!

The notice board is now with Richard Maynard...I collected it from the forecourt.
  • Club run was steady two bridges with a very exciting finish from the water Tower involving Jon & Mark (leadout men ;-), myself, Pete Scoats, Andy Irons, Garet and James Davis.
    Pete and Andy boxed me in at Hinxworth behind Jon & Mark until James attacked around the outside at the sharp rising left hand corner (past the remote control car track), I manged to get out of my trap (better luck next time Pete ;-) and get on Garet's wheel following James. The pace still quite strong, James attacked again at the last rise past I think 'Loves Lane' I held his wheel and past him at the crest - a tip I learnt from Andy Bartlett 'keep going over the top however much it hurts!' Kept my head down and raced for the sign, did just enough as i believe Andy was hot on my heals ... great fun and looking forward to next week :-)
  • Skelders,I think you must be getting me mixed up with Andy Irons, but thanks for the Freudian slip anyway
  • Freud believed that verbal slips come from repressed desires............so Andy,...what are you suggesting?..is this what you get up to "in-the-club" run?..Skelders..do tell!!!!!
  • nope, no mix up, during one of our training rides in S.A. you dropped me near the top of Suikerbossie and by the time I came over the top I couldn't believe how far ahead you and Robbie were. when I finally caught up, you then shared your points of wisdom 8-)

Admitedly it gets confusing passing reference to two Andy's in one report though !

Geoff, what ARE you on about?????

LOL