Welcome to the forum

Stevenage 200km Audax, Sun 25 Mar

edited February 2012 in General
Thought I'd start a thread for those riding this event...

210km cycling event starting from Stevenage. Controls at REED, THAXTED, LAVENHAM, THAXTED and GREAT HORMEAD. Celebrate the start of summertime with this classic 200k run to Lavenham and back through the rolling Herts/Essex/Suffolk countryside.

Enter here: http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/12-113/.
Note that you need to print out the entry form for this one and POST it, so allow time for that.

Entries that I'm aware of:
Vicky
Lloydy
johnR
Robbie (and his mate)
Shaun
Adam H
George

Still time for those of you who are thinking about entering this...go on, you know you want to!

Comments

• Not quite entered yet... Paperwork still sitting on my desk whilst I contemplate it :0)
  • Can't wait. Gonna be light and bright!
  • Lloydy you know you want to do it! I'm not sure my fitness will be up to it having been suffering with a cold virus for the last 3 weeks but I'm going to give it a go anyway.

Vicky
  • Nice one Vicky! Lloydy, where's that paperwork now, mate...
  • I've entered.
  • Good lad Adam!
  • Plotted out the route for the Stevenage Start of Summertime Specials 210km:
    http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=366310
  • Excellent.
    Is that to download and pop on the garmin?
    Cool
  • Blue shirts. Blue train!
  • Good luck everyone and do the Blue Train proud.
  • Hoping to meet up with people outside the cafe from 7.50am onwards. I'll be in CC Ashwell azure.

The Mayor of Stevenage will set us off at 8.15am! 131 miles. We'll require lights if we could be on the road beyond 7.15pm.

Don't forget the clocks go forward overnight...
  • That's what I like to see Robbie, perfect 'long ride preparation'.... Dine Bangla the night before ;-)

Have a good ride chaps...
  • Echo that, good ride to all...
  • p.s. The Mayor of Stevenage..?! Dont let it all go to your heads now...
  • will be on my way back up to Durham...missing the rides guys...have fun
  • After the big send off by the mayor!!!!
    We spent the whole day on the bike...
    and in cafes! 131m of real Audax riding.
    Must say well done to Vicky... awesome performance.
    Looks like we're all on track for Lejog.
    What a day!
  • And here's the proof.

Great ride, all. Looking forward to LEJoG now.
  • edited March 2012
    A most excellent day of cycling. Started out a bit nippy and then we went through thick fog around Reed and Barkway and it got even colder. Blue train working well between Thaxted and Lavenham (the half way point) when the six of us headed a group of twelve cyclists on the road. It finally warmed up in the afternoon and out came my (very white) legs for the first time this year (ignoring Portugal!). We returned to Thaxted for our third cafe stop of the day before tackling the final run in to Stevenage. Everybody rode well and we all got back before dusk. 131 miles today and that is further than any of our days on LEJoG so it's all looking good. Also, 131m was further than quite a few of the riders had ever ridden before, so chapeau to all!
    Shaun
  • It was a grand day out indeed. Thanks to all of you for making it so.