Welcome to the forum

sunday middle run

edited March 2012 in Club runs
Guy's
Any one going out for swim / ride @ 9.00 flippers n snorkel a must heavy rain from the off , just post here.
strappy.

might have to go even slower than norm still a bit sore from my latest spill !!.

Comments

• What is the definition of a 'middle' run? Am tempted to move up from the club run but am not sure how far/fast it will be. Distance and speed??
  • during the winter months it's more distance than speed Lloydy.......they do anything from 50-70'ish miles depending on route and those on the run......they may do 1-2mph faster at times, also depending on who is out, but usually they stick together just like the normal club run......sometimes the group will split at an agreed point if there is a strong differential....reckon on about 17mph for 60'ish miles. Someone will always keep tabs and make sure no-one is left off the back not knowing their way..........well that is what it should be......I've not been up to 60 or more miles at that speed as I am on fixed wheel and not as fit as some others.......
  • Thanks Geoff :0)

Not sure I am ready for 60+ miles yet, so I will aim for the 9:00 club run tomorrow.

Might ride over from home
  • Lloydy,
    Tomorrow might not be the best day to try the step up what with the weather forecast, but generally i would say go for it. whats the worst that can happen? you get dropped and ride home on your own. there is no better way to improve than to ride with stronger riders. And when you do make it back with them you will feel sooooooo good.
  • Apologies for being a girl!! The ride to Aswell broke me mentally and couldn't face another 45+ miles.

Went the longer way home and got in with just over 34 miles @ 16.6.

Absolutely soaked, but weirdly enjoyed it..

How do you stop your shoes filling up with water?!?!?
  • Tim

thanks for the route today shame the weather was so grotty but all the same was a ride.

finished with 53 miles a tad lower than my normal but in those conditions pleased.

see you all next week.

lloydy get some neoprene type over shoes endura or pro endure both very good 15 - 20 quid ish
    ask any of the lads they will put you on the right track.

p.s. cycling its all in the mind & the legs keep pedaling.

strappy.