Welcome to the forum

Hillingdon Magic Homes 3/03/2012.

edited March 2012 in Road Racing
This was an central selection race, Cam and Theo were on the front row, Bryn and I was on the 2nd and 3rd row, the aim was to shelter Cam, because he is a Central rider and we are all Eastern. Well for the start for me was pretty poor as I was stuck behind a group of people so I couldn't bridge a small gap to the bunch, so after several attacks none which were successful, I couldn't bridge the gap from second peloton to the first which Theo and Cam where in at the time.

2 laps in, Theo had sheltered as much as he could then he fell out of the quick group and fell into the group which me and Bryn where in. The rhythm wasn't ever smooth, it was one attack after another-like any other youth race. Well Cameron stayed in the fast group and did brilliantly, whilst me and Theo took it in turns up the front so if there were any breaks then one of us would be in there. Whilst Bryn did well to stay in the bunch.

Coming up the sprint finish Cam mentioned that he was boxed in and tried to go around the out side but it was too late to be in contention to be in the top 3. Theo, Bryn and myself sprinted to get a good enough finish in out group. So Cameron was the first Ashwell to come home I was 2nd, Theo was 3rd and Bryn was 4th.
Not forgetting Ollie who rode a hard race and never gave up