Welcome to the forum

ASHWELL PRIMAVERA ROAD RACE 20th MAY 2012

edited March 2012 in General
Hi All, it's that time again. Our Road Race is to be held on the Old Warden/Cardington circuit again this year. The date is Sunday 20th May. The HQ is Old Warden Village hall & the start time is 9.30am.We did try and get a new circuit near Wrestlingworth but unfortunately the police would not give permission so it's basically a repeat of last year.

To make this event go as smoothly as previous years Trahern & I need people to volunteer their services for a few of hours for a varity of jobs. Catering, Drivers, marshalling duties & prime + finish line judging.

With your help we have put on a good race for the last 5 years so naturally we'd like this year to be no exception.

If you are able to help out can you please add a reply to this posting or email me or Trahern via the email address on the web site .

If you are a CCA member & hoping to ride the event you need to put your entry in very soon & ensure you have encouraged your co-riders to volunteer. No marshalls, means no race!

Any Q's let me or Trahern know

Many thanks

Carmelo

PS Martin, can you make this a sticky please

Comments

• Hi Carmelo

Put me down as a helper - whatever
  • i'll see if i can actually finish this year !!!
  • Yep, stick me down for whatever, driving, judging, marshalling....or ill ride it if youre really desperate!
  • Happy to be tea boy and girl as usual
  • carmelo
    not quick enough to ride so put me where you need me.
    strappy.
  • My entry form is in the post, Hope I can actually finish this year. Lets try see if we can order a bit less wind aswell!!
    Lee
  • Happy to drive as discussed Carmelo!
  • Sadly I won't be able to be there this year Carmelo......therefore we need someone who is prepared to be mechanic (carry spare wheels basically) and double as medical (I usually take Dave Swain) Carmelo may have other plans, but this s the first year I will have missed.......I have spare front wheels......I hope all goes as well this year as all the previous ones
  • Rode the circuit the other night...............so put me on the list for helping :-))
  • Happy to help, would prefer to marshall...
  • There to help too
  • Carmello.
    Diary looks free. Put me down to help. Not sure i will be in a state to race but never say never.
  • I would be pleased to marshall or whatever else is required
  • Diary's free so put me down to help
  • OK... BIG Thanks to all of you for offering help!

What I could really do with is 2 teams of 2 going in opposite directions putting up race warning signs beforehand etc...from my list below or anyone else ..could you let me know who would be up for that?

This is what I have so far...

Drivers:
    Tim Duckett
    Chris Smith
    Stef Dixon
    Jim Rees

First Aid:
    Dave Swain

Licences:
    Steve Kirtland
    Sofia Luggeri

Refreshments:
    James Boyle
    Georgie Boyle

Judges
    Richard glover
    Bob Swain

Marshalls
    Strappy
    Bob Rowantree
    Bob Swain
    John Riddett
    Andrew Robertson
    Vince Freelander
    James Davis
    Gavin Baker
    Robbie Laughton
    Phil Keen
    Mick Gee
    Dave Kane?
    Theo Doncaster?
  • I am available to put up/remove signs.
  • Carmelo,

I'm still available to help if you need me for anything - I did volunteer about 5 weeks ago.

Vic
  • Sorry Vic..Yes please!...with your gardening background you would be ideal for preparing signs etc..would that be possible?
  • No problem, let me know when I'm needed and I'll be there.

Vic
  • Carmelo,

Sorry it's a bit late, but Fiona and I are around if you still need people to help / marshall.

Julian Pegg
  • There are some serious potholes at the 30 sign entering Cople. But Lee will be pleased to learn they've patched his favourite pothole at the little humpback bridge round by the hangars.
    I hope wind direction is similar next Sunday as it was this morning, a nice tailwind push up the hangar-berg!
    Also, nice to see Phil Keen out on his way to Bedford, looking good Phil, you should race it next week ;)
  • Yes please Julian and Fiona...much appreciated!
  • I still need two teams to go around and put up signs beforehand...I have Vic who will need a hand but also need another team of 2 to drive in opposite direction doing same...PLEASE..
  • Download the race programme here

Or copy and paste this link;
    http://tiny.cc/prima2012

Good luck to all CCA riders!
  • Hi Carmelo

what time do you want us all there for ?
    race 09.30 start ,
    so 08.30 or 08.00 or ... ?

will cater for 70 riders

regards
    James
  • Carmelo I am more than happy to get up early and put up signs if that would get me away earlier. have a lot on this weekend so any excuse to do my bit first thing and dissapear would really suit me but if you need me from start to finish then i will be there. Let me know.
    for sign set up let me know again when and where.
    regards
    Vincent
  • Hi Carmelo,

Just to confirm I'll be there tomorrow. I can help with the signs if required. I'll aim for 08.30 at the Village Hall unless I hear otherwise.
  • Hi Carmelo

Does someone have the CCA first aid kit? I believe Geoff G. might have it.

Also are there some people with a current first aid certificate (?Tim Duckett).

Chin and I are happy to do first aid but we dont actually have a certificate so there should be someone travelling in a car who has one that is current in date first aid qualification (for legal reasons this is really vitally important).

Cheers.
  • Dave,

myself and scouse both have certificates, i think we are both down as drivers so as long as you are in with us should be ok? i am lead car, so maybe better with chris.

the first aid kit is in the container, i could pick it up on the way through or just bring my own kit. would that be good enough?
  • Carmelo,
    Same as Bob i will also be at the village hall for 8.30am to help with signs