Welcome to the forum

School Games

I am delighted to announce that Theo has been selected, along with 3 others, to represent the Eastern Region in the School Games (May 7-9). The event will be based at Hog Hill and the final day will be in the Olympic Velodrome.

Our U16 squad have been racing in qualification races at Hog Hill, Hillingdon and Milton Keynes in recent weeks. Theo has succeeded in impressing the Eastern Region Team Manager and joins Joe Fry and Oliver Plumley (Welwyn Wheelers) and Louis Modell (East London Velo).

Which Cycling Region you belong to depends on your home postcode and not your club. Accordingly Cameron was eligible for the Central Region. The selection procedure for the Central Region was different to that of the Eastern Region and, sadly, Cameron has not been called forward despite riding impressively.

Cycling is a team sport and the consistent showing from the whole squad has, I am sure, played a part in Theo's selection. So whilst it is sad that Cameron has not been selected it is a proud day for the club and reflects the hard work and commitment from Bryn, Theo, Jon, Cameron and, their patient coach, Mark Wyer.

The (Cycling) School Games is primarily a road event but features a day on the track. The selectors have therefore chosen riders they believe are capable and safe to race on the track. Clearly CCA riders fall into this balanced category of cyclists. So this is shows how we are regarded as a club.

The Eastern Region U16 girls team includes our friend Rebecca Maynard.

Comments

• Brilliant, well done to all the lads. Disappointing for Cam im sure, being in a different region but your chance will come.
    Theo...THE OLYMPIC VELODROME!!! make sure you tell us what its like, the rest of us can only dream.
  • KUDOS!!!!!!!!
  • This is the best possible news Daniel.

I am delighted for Theo and also share your thoughts with reference to Jon,
    Bryn and Cameron. I would have thought Cam a cert for central.

Both Jon and Bryn will soon follow in Theo's footsteps I hope and it will
    probably be as juniors that they blossom into the cyclists I feel they can
    be.

It is a great compliment to Mark and everyone who has helped to develop CCA
    as an up and coming club and bodes well for our future.

Please pass on my good wishes to Theo...loved his last report and bl**dy
    well done. well done you also..all that hard unsung background work has
    really boosted the lads opportunities and chances for success.
  • Awesome! Well done to Theo and all the lads. Will be a very exciting few days in May.
  • cheers guys, it should be an intersting gcse exam month ;)
  • I'll be at the track on the 9th May with the YR 4 children from the local first school (I had to volunteer as a helper - rude not to).
    So there will be at least 2 cheering you on (me & my youngest)

Trahern