Welcome to the forum

Sunday 14 March - middle/fast route?

Weather tomorrow looks great for Spring.

How about a run of Bob's 60 mile Spring Ride - with an optional Weston/Baldock/Wallington 8 miles to nudge it up near the end for those wanting a bit more?

I've adapted the last part of Bob's route here. You'll be familiar with the extension;

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/gb/ashwell/352123703004847619

I'm not familiar with the bit from Stocking Pelham to Great Hormead - but would make it.

Am happy to go with the flow - just wanted to make a suggestion before we get together.

Comments

• I'm up for that Martin....you leading us then..would be nice to sit back and enjoy the bunch(some chance with you fit ones) for a change..hahaha...see you tomorrow at 9am
  • Sunday 15th March - the first day of shorts. Great weather today. About a dozen or so did the route above. It was good to see a few people stepping up from Bob's group. I hope they will stick with it now the nasties will start racing to keep the Middle Group strong. Nice to see Max back from NZ too. Carried by the wind we were 18s til we got to Manuden. Unfortunately - we got there a bit quick, as we took a wrong turn [let down by my 'Garmin', ahem] and short cut the route by a few miles.

The group stretched out as we went into the wind back. Lost Jamie near Great Hormead - sorry about that - hope you got back OK and we'll see you again in the Middle. Then, coming back through Benington, professional cyclist Leda Cox - flanked by a few triathlete brutes overtook the group. Well you can guess the rest. The group cranked it up as the racers pitted their wits against her. Well done Mark for stepping up - and apologies the stretch kicked in a bit early. The group divided at Walkern - as the planned route went Weston way to add a few miles and the rest followed the Leda til near Cottered.

From Weston - Clothill, Quickswood, Baldock, Bygrave. 62 miles - not as many as hoped - and 17.4mph for me. I hope everyone got something positive out of it. I'd happily lead a club ride again - we should look into some kind of rota.
  • Hi all, glad you all had a good ride today. I was hoping to catch you for a while this am, but I had to get back home by 11am to visit friends. However, I punctured in Wrestlingworth on the way down, and by the time I made it to Ashwell you had all gone.
    Not having seen this message I assumed you would have gone off to Langford into the wind, so I hared off in that direction - but saw no group.
    I basically did 2 bridges and back home, 38 mile @18.8mph I met Tim Hector out Moggerhanger way doing a similar route in reverse - stopped for a chat in the sun. He raced at the bowl yesterday and was feeling a bit done over from it.
    Should be out next Sunday. Have a good week all

Trahern