Welcome to the forum

Bassingbourn Youth Road Training

edited April 2012 in Youth
Hi all,

Just to let you all know that I am running youth road training at Bassingbourn Barracks on Tuesday evenings from the 1st May.
6:30 - 8:30pm
£2.50 each

Road bikes are not necessary, a MTB will be fine.

You need to register with me to gain access to the site (just once for the season). You need to send me the names of those riding, any parents bringing them and the make, model, colour and reg plate of the car you will be using. You will need to show the guardhouse some photo id.

You need to register by Thursday 26th April for the 1st May session. Email me on markwyer at britishcycling.org.uk.

I have loads of Cambridge Tri members signed up but no one from Ashwell yet - I can't find a road circuit closer to Ashwell than this.

If all goes well this season then we might be able to extend the sessions to adults next year. There is a 3km circuit which would work well for a chaingang.

Mark.

Comments

• How does it work if you're going to turn up on a bike?
  • No problem - take some photo id such as your BC membership/licence.
  • come on our young racres...this is a brilliant opportunity to ride in a race simulated arena off road with first class coaching. This is exactly what you need to get an understanding of racing in a safe environment.......book your place now
  • Hi all,

First session went well with 10 riders despite some drizzle. There is loads of space for lots of circuits/options. I hadn't really taken it in on my first visit.

Only 1 Ashwell rider though. Come and make use of this fantastic facility on your doorstep. MTBs are ok. I can lend a cyclo-cross bike to anyone aged 12 or over without a bike.

Mark.
  • Anneka and new girl Abbie really enjoyed last nights session. It's a brilliant, safe, environment in which to practice cycling skills. I'd especially recommend it to any of the U14 youth riders.
    Thanks Mark & co for organising.