Welcome to the forum

Chaingang, Tues 24th April 2012

7.30pm @ The Three Tuns, Ashwell

or

7.40pm approx at the red phone box on the corner at Steeple Morden for those that way, or doing an earlier lap.

Sunset now 8.30pm - so hopefully all good for at least two laps. I still recommend lights though.

Comments

• I've just been chatting to Robbie. We are up for a 'Group B' chain this week - maybe 21-22mph - well within the range of someone who's doing anything sub-30 mins on our Club 10, given the benefits of drafting.

So what excuse have you got now then!?

See you later
  • edited April 2012
    Just bumped into Geoff buying a cauliflower. He said he'd be up for at least a lap.
  • Doh, Mrs D staying in town tonight. and its stopped raining. maybe next week
  • I'm hoping to be there tonight. see you around the Bassingbourn/Littlington area
  • I'll be there
  • Should be there
  • Group B sounds possible so I'll be there - first time so will need some guidance...
  • is anyone going for an early lap?
  • Theo, I will be there at 7 for an early lap
    jez
  • Geoff or the cauliflower?
  • I'm in - 7pm. Can't wait, looking forward to the beasting that'll no doubt ensue.
  • both without doubt Robbie :-)
  • A record maybe 16 or more out this fine evening?

Four of us in Group B for a tidy 21mph. Andrew's first chaingang doing very well indeed - and Robbie clocking 104 miles for a Tuesday. Not bad! Geoff coming back well on his fixed.

I then doubled back to catch group A and hung onto their 25mph tail til the hill.

I hear Theo wants to call MC, 'Slingshot'...
  • edited April 2012
    Hiding at the back of the TTT - I'm comfortable enough to get the camera phone out;

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2038/dnj.mp4
  • These are the stats I got:
    lap 1- 37.2 km/h 23min26sec
    lap 2- 39.7 km/h 21min 56sec
    lap 3- 39.7 km/h 21min 58sec

great fun, very quick!
  • sounds like the chaingang is hotting up.
    missed last week through work and will not make it on 1st May due to being in Cardiff all day.
    note of caution if the stronger riders up the pace too much the through and off will trail off. while it is fun and we need to up the pace as everyone gets quicker, the chaingang will become a burn up rather than a solid training session or there will be a lot of hangers on.
    it only takes one rider consistently going through too fast and hard for it to unravel. Needs a little management.
    Remember the gas must come off at junctions. two groups is a good plan to avoid this.
    hope to be out in a couple of weeks. i hate missing out on all the fun.