Welcome to the forum

HNCC Sportive 17/06/2012

edited May 2012 in Sportives
The Nomads are running a sportive again this year in June starting from Hitchin Rugby Club, this time with 80 and 50 mile distances on offer. Details of the event and online entry can be found on the website at the following link for anyone interested in riding:

http://hitchinnomads.blogspot.co.uk/p/nomads-going-beyond-cyclo-sportive-17th.html

Comments

• Yes it's basically a club ride but thought I would go along to this. Joiners welcome.

Adam
  • A really enjoyable loop, taking in Hexton Hill, the Lilley Valley and the short, sharp kick out of Cromer back towards Hitchin via Graveley. Surprised not to see any other CCA riders as the 80 mile loop went right through Ashwell High Street.

A big headwind up to Higham Gobion meant making friends with the enemy, working with three riders from Beds Roads who promptly used Hexton to drop their uninvited guest. With the wind now starting to work in my favour, I managed to pull in a couple from the grouping in front, who proceeded to make a sport of wheel sucking for the next 25 miles. Dropped them once before the mandatory checkpoint, but this provided enough time for a regroup so that they could climb back on the bus. Finally burried one of them coming out of Cromer and as a team of two found a partner willing to put in a big turn up front into the headwind - coincidentally of course.

2:27 for 50 miles. Low key organisation, very well signed route and a good way to mix up the same old routes with new riders. Would recommend for next year, even if only to defend the home turf!!

Adam
  • Yes!! Thanks for your contribution.