Welcome to the forum

Sunday 29th......Rides

edited March 2009 in Club runs
How did your 100k Spring Ride go everyone????...........Max,Vincent,Dominic,Steve,Mark W and I did a Max 50 miler up to the outskirts of Bedford via the river Ouse and back through Cardington, Hayes, Clophill,Campton,Clifton that bloody water tower(felt dead up there following steve's wheel and vincent threatened me if I dropped off the flaming wheel!!!!!) and back ..great ride now I'm recovered************** Oh...should add met up with Ash and the Arlesey flyer coming out of Ashwell on a long ride..Ash has just got the points to make cat 2....pity he's moved to Beds.RC....but bloody well done Ash...congrats....took you all of 5 weeks to go from zero points cat 4 to cat 2...What slowed you down?????

Comments

• Nice to see you out Geoff, i followed Ash round for 60 miles, with a few quicker bits thrown in. He as done brilliant to get to a second cat in such a short time, not only as he made the 2nd cat, he raced with elite 1 and 2 on Saturday at Hog Hill and finished 2nd, 25 points straight away, only another 175 for a 1st cat.
    My tendonitis is getting better, ride a day rest a day, should see you boys some time in April. I see Trahern was racing at the weekend and looks like he finished in the pack, well done mate, that first race of the season is always a tester.

How did the 100k go, and how was the sportif ride up north
  • you did well to follow ash for any distance, he's got real talent! it's a real loss to the club and a real bonus to of all clubs sleepy little beds roads...He's a nice guy and I wish him great sucess..

The 100k was a good route, perhaps not aimed at the nasty's as it was a little pedestrian. But for those dusting off their wheels a good test, I gunned it from Buntingford with a couple of others and was knackered when I got home..

see you soon keith :0)
  • In the words of Carmelo - I got round.
    Ciclos Uno 48mile race starting at Matching Tye just outside Bishops Stortford. 9am start, so pretty cold as well ( I can sympathise with all you 'Cat' folk - Clocks going forward - bad idea). First one of the year so interested to see how I faired. A lot of familiar faces from different clubs all in the same boat.
    A fairly flat course suiting the power folks. No on got away for more than 2-3 minutes and the dual 'lump' that tested the pack a little came too early in the lap to have any effect on the result. So two sharp left turns and then a wind up to the end. Crossed the line in the middle of the pack - nothing fell off. I was a little too far down the bunch at the vital time out of the last sharp corner. I hoped for a little more, but so did 50 other riders who finished out of the points. So still a fair bit to work on.

Ash was supposedto do this race, but pulled out, probably due to getting his 2nd cat licence (he could have raced as he'd already entered & gone for the prize money). It would have been interesting to see how he went on a road course with a large pack, rather than around Hog Hill. He must be getting dizzy by now.
    See you all on Sunday

Trahern
  • Andre.....the 100k was never billed as anything other than a club run...16mph av.........so they weren't dusting off wheels as you put it but just enjoying a normal ride........glad you got a work-out anyway........how about the others on the ride....was it good for you ?????
  • Hi Andre, when i said that i followed Ash around he slowed down to my pace, so i didn't bust by butt trying to keep up with him, the week before in the High Wycombe race 80 riders cat 3/4, he cleared off with another rider when the race left the neutralised zone, the chasing pack of 70 odd riders never saw them till the prize giving, 50 miles of through and off for the pair of them.

I have been looking for your name in the TT results but have not found anything yet, are you building up for some races or am i looking in the wrong places. Hitchin nomads TT start next Tuesday 6.30 are you having any of those.

Also is Pete back riding, how are the knees mate.