Welcome to the forum

Try the North Road time trial

edited May 2008 in Road Racing
On May 24th North Road CC are running a 25 mile Time Trial for senior men and a 12 mile Time Trial for women and Juniors on a course very local to Ashwell. It starts at Guilden Morden and does 2 laps for the 25 and 1 lap for 12 (slightly short obviously) roughly round Shingay, Arrington and Wrestlingworth crossroads. It is an afternoon event and the roads are fairly flat and are quiet. It's a great chance to ride an open TT for those who've never tried and if we get 3 decent rides between us we could pick up the team prize also. I will be riding and I think Robbie Laughton is too.

The organiser is

C. Glithero
31 Woodlands Road,
Hertford,
Herts,
SG13 7JE

cost is only £7 and entries must be in by May 13th. Entry form can be found at www.CTT.co.uk

It would be good to see a decent turnout from CC Ashwell for an event right on our doorstep. Don't worry about not being fast enough you'll get lots of encouragement from everyone who takes part. Tea and cakes afterwards too.

Angus

Comments

• Angus

I've entered to fly the CCA colours locally. See you there.
  • One more needed for a team.... some of you road racey types must be up for a challenge!
  • Can I second the initial comments by Angus. this is a great opportunity for younger riders in the Club to ride on your doorstep on relatively quiet and safe roads that you all know. But then there are all the rest of you who could ride - there are many of you out their. Last year I was the only Ashwell rider and I was amazed that nobody else from the Club rode.

North Road make huge efforts to run this. Do it as training if nothing else.

You are the closest Club to this event - support your local events if you want them to continue!

(nb. I am with Finsbury Pk first claim this year so we will probably win the team anyway!!!)