Welcome to the forum

Dragon Ride this Sunday (10th June)

edited June 2012 in Sportives
Anyone doing this one? http://www.wiggledragonride.com/

It's in South Wales and supposed to be ideal training for the Etape - Gran Fondo is 128 miles with 3350m ascent

A friend of a friend has just pulled out ... and I'm almost tempted to have a crack at the Medio, except that I don't have transport. Maybe next year?

Comments

• Go on - you know you want to - the climbs of the Rhigos and Bwlch are immense !!

If you thought that the hills on the Chiltern 100 were big though.............

DavidJ
  • I looked at the profile, compared to Chiltern Hundred and your delightful Royston Hilly route ... and yes, I know you are telling it like it is

The thing is the first 2/3rds isn't dissimilar to Chiltern Hundred. It's just the final 1/3 that consists of 2 rather large hills (some might say, 'mountains')

Next year then :)
  • David...any hill without a vowel should be avoided............that pretty much obliterates Wales
  • Jane,
    This is a great route. 'Hill', 'Mountain'; it's all a question of definition. Don't worry about that, simply do the ride as it is a great route. Don’t cheat yourself by doing the Medio version, go for the full monty. Transport is easy, simply get the train to Brigdend on Saturday afternoon, stay over in some B&B/Motel and ride or get a taxi to the HQ for an early doors start.

It’s a great route with a ‘big event feel’. Enjoy.

Daniel