Welcome to the forum

IC 15 mile TT Sunday 24th June

edited June 2012 in Time Trial
Its the next round of the InterClub time trial series on Sunday 24th June. 15 mile TT, think its the same as last year, organised by Beds Road and starts near Cardington.

We are second in the 4 club competition, and need riders to sign up and compete to score as many points as possible. We need at least 8 riders as that is the minimum for scoring points so any less and we are just throwing points away.

This event clashes with Lejog so a few regular names will be missing. But ANYONE can compete in these events , and they are great fun with a good buzz and some tea/cake and the chance to chat to the other clubs afterwards. The times for the last one (IC 30 miles) varied from 1:11 to 1:47 (so 25 mph average to less than 17 mph). If you fancy giving these a go the 15 miler is a good event to try out and perfect for anyone who has tried our club 10.

So give it a go! Sign up here: SignUp

Thanks

Comments

• Now then,

If there's room in the squad for a old git who can scrape 26:30 for the club 10 on a good day (and with a stiff tailwind), then I'm in !

If you're short of riders I'll sign up now, but happy for those who know what they're doing to sign up first.

Cheers

TimO
  • mate, the more the merrier.........26:30 is not a bad time on the club course, (its not exactly a quick one).......... :-) People are points..... Go For It !!!!!
  • we are always in need of more riders, we cant have to many, its the size of the team as much as the quality of the team.

Anyway , if you can do a 26 for our 10 you will likely finish in the top half of the field for the IC15. So basicly Tim, you can be team captain, no problem.

Sign up now folks, i intend to and its a good course, finishes down a massive hill! ( unfortunately starts up it though)
  • Echo those comments Tim - go for it - you'll really enjoy it (when its over!)
  • entered - thats 5nr CCA so far including Skelders

last years winning time was 36.10, with the "lantern rouge" doing a mid 55

tim d - will you be using the "classic" this year or reverting (more sensibly) to 21st century technology?
  • If the weather is good im going for the "new classic" in classic on the drops style! Will probably be on the winter bike then.

Will bring that cash i owe you as well Phil
  • Signed up, booked in, & raring to go !
  • Could really do with some more names here...BRCC have twice as many as us logged it! Even just a short 15 mile ride on what will no doub be a reasonable Sunday morning!!
  • I'm signed up and looking forward to it - especially the downhill finish!
  • Well done Carolyn....good effort....and once the first couple of miles is out the way its easy ;-)

Anyone else...there was a long list of possibilities out last night.....increasing the number of attendees is critical.

I don't think we have clarification of start times as yet...so get in there while you can.
  • I'm in now as well. 1st TT of the year, its gonna hurt!!!
    Lee
  • Ive also entered. Lee, are you cycling over from Royston?
  • Great, well done. Im not sure what time it starts yet, will let you know as soon as i do. Depending on that and the weather (currently looking grim) ill ride over.
  • Brilliant stuff...getting there with numbers. Thanks for the efforts...pitty about the forecast!!
  • here you go......see you at beds road club house from 8.00. From memory its about 5mins ride to the start, which is by the entrance to the hangers on the A600. Its then down the A600, across a couple of roundabouts, turn at the esso garage and back.

Time Nr. Rider's Name Club
    09:01 1 Jon Friend Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:02 2 Maurice Burton Icknield Road Club
    09:03 3 Terry Sykes Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:04 4 Emma Weisblatt Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:05 5 Jason Lake Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:06 6 Clive Collins Hitchin Nomads
    09:07 7 Josephine Parker Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:08 8 Peter Jones Icknield Road Club
    09:09 9 Paul Goulden Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:10 10 Richard Pratt Icknield Road Club
    09:11 11 Dave Summerell Hitchin Nomads
    09:12 12 Des Roberts Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:13 13 John Harrison Hitchin Nomads
    09:14 14 Roy Porter Icknield Road Club
    09:15 15 Tim Fisher CC Ashwell
    09:16 16 Phil Bierton Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:17 17 Michael Webb Hitchin Nomads
    09:18 18 Nick Porter Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:19 19 Timothy Overfield CC Ashwell
    09:20 20 Phil O'Leary Icknield Road Club
    09:21 21 James Davis CC Ashwell
    09:22 22 Neil McAndrew Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:23 23 Nigel Wilson Hitchin Nomads
    09:24 24 Rob Page Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:25 25 Martin Nevill Icknield Road Club
    09:26 26 Lee Holmes CC Ashwell
    09:27 27 Liz Roots Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:28 28 Tony Baines Icknield Road Club
    09:29 29 Jaouade Izzo Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:30 30 Tim Duckett CC Ashwell
    09:31 31 Darren Carter CC Ashwell
    09:32 32 Emily Robertson Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:33 33 James Gomm Hitchin Nomads
    09:34 34 Mark Horton CC Ashwell
    09:35 35 Carolyn GilksStokes CC Ashwell
    09:36 36 Jon Roots Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:37 37 Isaac Anstee Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:38 38 James Spence Hitchin Nomads
    09:39 39 Jeremy Ross CC Ashwell
    09:40 40 Mark Anstee Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:41 41 Carmelo Luggeri CC Ashwell
    09:42 42 Peter Gell Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:43 43 Jason Stuart CC Ashwell
    09:44 44 Mark Gray Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:45 45 Philip Keen CC Ashwell
    09:46 46 Ben Wilson Hitchin Nomads
    09:47 47 Tim Skelding CC Ashwell
    09:48 48 Neil Fraser Hitchin Nomads
    09:49 49 Simon Norman Bedfordshire Road CC
    09:50 50 David Robinson CC Ashwell
    09:51 51 Mark Cook Bedfordshire Road CC
  • 14 ..... looks a strong representation......good luck
  • Some more info....and note its 15 min ride to the start.

Start – Entry to Cardington Sheds, south of Shorts Town on A600
    Proceed south on A600 2nd exit over 2 roundabouts, turn at 3rd roundabout (Tesco Filling Station) and proceed north back to the start.
    The course is the 1Y/15 – see bottom of page http://bedsroad.org/courses.php for more details
    Sign-on at the Beds Road CC clubhouse in Southill Road, Cardington, MK44 3SX from 08:00 to 08:40, then ride to start, (approx 15 mins).
    Organiser: Graham Laming – contact 07858 402683
    This event is organised for and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials, run under their rules & regulations
    We strongly recommend you wear a hard shell helmet and use a rear flashing light
  • hi guys, sorry but I will have to miss this tomorrow, some family stuff has come up!!

have a good one
    Lee
  • WE WON!!!!!!

Some fantastic rides today. Well done to Dave & Jason for their stonking rides.

Well done to everyone who turned up, it was a bit blowy.

I was 9 secs slower than last year, so quite pleased with that given the conditions. Mind you I did stop for a burger at Rowney Wood ;)

Darren