Welcome to the forum

CC Ashwell at Plomesgate grass track

edited June 2012 in Road Racing
The club had four riders racing at the Plomesgate event yesterday: Andrew Leveton (Jnr), Cameron Woolsey (U16), Ollie Woolsey (U14) and James Fraser (U10). They put on a great show, returning with a little cash, some bottles of beer, and a few goodies from Condor. No time to give the full results right now, but here are the photos.

Mark F

P.S. The final photo shows Cameron & Ollie meeting rugby's most capped woman international player - Louise Rickard, captain of the Welsh side, who now rides for Elmy Cycles.

Comments

• edited June 2012

• well done lads and great photos.
  • edited June 2012
    The day before, 4 of us went to Maldon to ride their event. The 300m track was on a slope, so a climb each lap. A couple of dips and bumps at the bottom of the descent to keep things exciting! The rain held off but it was blustery.

Andrew and Ed qualified for the semis of the national series 400m sprint. I went out in the repechage which won't surprise anyone who has seen me sprinting. Andrew won his semi easily but Ed looked out of sorts and went out. In the final Andrew looked comfortable at the front and attacked with half a lap to go and cruised away for the win. The sprinters sloped off before the end but I stuck it out for the 8k, nearly 30 laps!

Ollie came second in the youth omnium despite not being on his bike much lately due to an injury.

Mark.