Welcome to the forum

Rose & Crown Monthly meeting... Tuesday 7th April

edited April 2009 in General
doesn't time fly? its that time again for a couple of beers, some war stories (hopefully from the Chesire Cat Team) and an opportunity to meet new & old members from various groups (Sat, Sun or Weds rides).

As previously mentioned, we're starting to get quite a crowd now and i believe a good night is had by all. So if you haven't been down yet, pop along.

I will have my trusted box of stock with me, however it is a little light until the next delivery arrives the following week. I do have one Hi Viz gillet (Large) if anyone is interested???

For those who haven't collected their recent Hi Viz orders, I will have them with me.

Tim H - you still have shorts & a shirt to collect from pre Christmas

see you all next week!

Comments

• Don't forget tomorrow night?!
  • What time does it start / finish ?
  • no rules apply to this all out drinking session ;-)

I try to get there for 7:30 ish depending on trains home from London, the Saturday crew are usually on there second pint by then and we drift off towards closing time :-)
  • all out drinking session ;-)........?????????????.......does everyone understand smileys??......might drop in, but am off alcohol in any quantities...am trying to lose weight and retain my remaining brain cells...see you all later
  • edited April 2009
    Aparently just because you are in a pub you don't HAVE to drink. I have never actually managed this myself. Booze has many effects ( . ) ( . )
  • I'm slowly getting used to asking for fizzy water in pubs... but its bloody hard!! ;-) (thats a wink Geoff, means I'm joking... )

:-) = happy, used either when making a serious point but not so serious as to upset the reader or just because you're happy -
    8-) = portrait of me 'cos I'm wearing glasses!
    :-{ = worriedor scared
    :o) = big nose

shall i go on??? ;-)
  • Good night had by all, it was good to meet some new faces to the club - Julian & Ian - and of course the old hands.

Bit of banter, some ideas for trips discussed and of course the truth about Robbie walking up a hill!!! I know, I still don't believe it either!!!

Point to note - the staff at the Rose & Crown do seem to make us more welcome than that cheery lot at the Bushel on a Sunday!! I enquired whether they would be interested in entertaining a load of sweaty cyclist with tea, coffee & roasted spuds on Sunday mornings ??? watch this space.
  • edited April 2009
    Indeed a splendid evening. The only trips we actually agreed were trips to the bar; which we completed with ease!
    o
    <¬\
    O O