Welcome to the forum

Sunday 5th April

edited April 2009 in Club runs
Fast/Medium......63 miles average 19mph and not too hilly..not at all according to Max, but then he's not normal...for me that was my tops at this time of year and for the miles I've put in. A route we've done before including Barrington Hill..Long road Hill up to the Maddingly roundabout...they all left me for dead up there..fell at Beechers according to Ian and Jane....nearly lost a few who went the wrong way(serves them right leaving the ride leader for dead....Phil's tantrum in Maddingly..well worth the effort Phil!!..Sadly Jane and Ian punctured again on tandem and decided to leave us there as they were on a short time ride...on to Oakington...Over..Boxworth...Bourne...Longstow...hatley st George...Croydon Hill and Home...ride wound up to 25 and was hanging on for grim death but selflessly turned round to find Josh who had had a mechanical.....I enjoyed it but seriously, if the faster riders feel it is too slow we had better sort it out before too many more rides...It will soon be far too fast for the club riders who need/want to move up the miles and speed.........

Thoughts guys!!!

Comments

• Good to see the " nasty boys " are living up to the name
    63miles at 19mph does not sound very medium to me
    I will stick with the sedate group for now
    Happy handlebar chewing !

Perhaps the lost ,the dropped and the exhausted could form another group
    We have enough riders for 3 groups now
    Need another name for this group
    Any suggestions ?

James :-)
  • how about "the nearly made it" group!!!!!
  • I would normally have taken the nasty ones off your hands!! Couldn't today as I had my mate with me, who received a bit of a wake up call for his Tri training.

One way to do it is to ask everyone to work out one route that they think is the right length for them 40/50/60/70 miles etc. 5-6 riders then gives 5-6 routes. The chances are they will be in different dirtections & can therefore cope with wind direction on the day.

Can't go mental next Sunday as I have a race on the Monday, but might be out on the Friday

Cheers

Trahern
  • I thought the ride was brilliant! not too many hills - nice for fat boyz like me 8-) - good steady pace until the final 4/5 miles, good banter throughout. maybe if we had been a bit more organised with a bit of through & off it would have evened the work out a bit but apart from that minor point, loved every minute :-)
  • that's nice to hear Tim.....I'm going to put a few more miles in each week so's this sort of ride isn't so tough.....I really like that route as it has plenty of good stretches to keep a good pace going..it's those B. hills which get me..guess I'll have to do more work and lose even more weight.........
  • Have a look at this cycling link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CbQOLqZ8IA
    This video reminded me of all the stories I have heard about the off road tours that Max has taken you all on.