Welcome to the forum

Paris to Nice 2013

edited July 2012 in Sportives
Initial notice hereby given of intention to organise a new challenge for 2013.

The Race to the Sun box needs to be ticked off my sheet.

Anyone interested?

It can be either something organised ourselves or a pre-pack such as the following

http://www.sportstoursinternational.co.uk/cycling/paris-nice-cycle-challenge

For £999 plus beer and lunch money and getting there and back its not a bad deal.

Comments

• james

as per email YES COUNT ME IN.(the more the better).

strappy
  • Hi James,

Add me to the list as a potential. Looks a superb event.

Andy
  • Yes. Rude not to.

Think the Organised thing is the best option.
    Too many logistics if not. And great value.
    (and Andy, I have yr LEJOG booklet- ready when we can arrange)
  • edited July 2012
    Sounds great. Also agree organised option probably can't be beaten.
  • sounds like a plan :-)
  • I would love to do this, subject to some very delicate negotiations with the Director of Operations.

So please also put me down as a potential.
  • Alistair is up for it. Txtd me from France.
  • Director of operations says...... "yes"
  • The 2012 Sport Tour International version is from Friday 14th September to Sunday 23rd September including travel days. So 9 nights away.

If we did it ourselves and followed the above format, it could be a couple of days less as you could do something with the "time-trial days". Either squeeze them into the travel days or ignore one (the prologue) or both of them (although the Col D'Eze TT would be fun).

Alternatively, it's only about 900km from Paris to Nice. We could ride that over a weekend... Audax Style ;)

Depends on people's grovelling skills. Surely you're all experts by now?
  • Like the sound of that Shaun.
  • Realistically and with the current climate within the Skelding household/business re: cycling, 9 nights is too long for me. So put me down for a very, very distant, possibley, unlikely, maybe (=No :-(

The
  • As a mere "potential" (with some high grade grovelling yet to to) I realise I only have half a vote, however...I would prefer fewer nights away. The route on James's link is about 700 miles (though I note some stages start in different places from the previous day's finish). We should be able to aim for six days' riding?
  • Note from Anton who used to work for La Fuga but is now based in Nice

"we'd be very interested to pull together a custom Paris-Nice trip in 2013 for you and friends.

We can build the trip around how you want it - hotel level, distance per day, guided/self guided etc.

The Tour de France in 2013 features heavily in Nice with stages 4 & 5 based in the area. Why not combine the two?"

So i will see what he can come up with so we can do this over 6 days and not have to take more than 5 days off work.
  • Would people be interested in combining an etape entry on the same jaunt?
  • james

the etape was the highest on my list for next year so a comination of the the 2 sounds good also its better to go a bit earlier in the year as we mentioned on sunday.

As long as i can get the dates to book up before anyone else in my dept nicks them.

cheers

strappy.
  • I could speak to Sarah at La Fuga, if you like. (La Fuga have done all the admin for the Rapha Cent Cols event I'm doing next month). A custom tour (from anybody) might get a bit spendy, though...

If people only want to be away for a week, then something like the Raid Pyr