Welcome to the forum

thanks

edited July 2012 in Club runs
Thanks to everyone who helped me by waiting there road side until I got picked up. And the people who checked if my bike and I were okay whist ringing for someone to pick me up.

Comments

• Glad you've got nothing more than cuts and bruises. Thought it might have been a collar-bone at first, you were quite pale!

Heard you blame your tyres. You could try something like Michelin Krylions (still available quite cheap on ebay but now relaunched as Pro4 Endurance). An excellent "all around" tyre and it has great wet weather grip and rolls nearly as good as Pro Race 3/4. I've previously skated around on Gatorskins and Bontragers in the wet and I didn't like that feeling!!!
  • thanks, i've heard that the continental gp 4000 has the 'black chilly compound' and they have a good right up.
  • Krylions are a bargain at the moment. E.g £20 each delivered from http://www.shinybikes.com/michelin-krylion-carbon-folding-tyre.html

Conti GP 4000's also good.

Shaun
  • Jon, glad to here that you haven't broken anything.

I have your waterbottle, which got stuffed into my spare cage and I forgot to give back. I'll keep it in my car and get it back to you when I see you next.

+1 on the krylions, not much slower than GP4000s, cheaper and much tougher though. both great tyres, unlike Pro3's (it was a nearly new Pro3 that punctured for me today, not the 2 year old krylion I had on as well)
  • okay cheers
  • Jon - glad to hear you're not badly hurt

Geoff - hope you're ok too?

Also hoping that Chris got home without incident? (We doubled back to check you hadn't punctured, then assumed you'd taken a shortcut to Royston)

Fingers are crossed that next Wednesdays ride is dry, sunny and uneventful. Summer is coming
  • Jon - glad your O.K. (Geoff hope all is well)

I caught up with Bob before he turned off for Royston and gave him a spare tube (just in case!).

Hopefully better weather soon.
  • jon the gp4000s's are awesome :) expensive but awesome, very fast and real comfortable too

if you want i've got a brand new pair of the new bontrager Race Lite 'allweather' tyres (really, they are just normal slicks) i stupidly bought for an old bike which I can't be bothered to ride - theyve done about 2 miles... (so I couldn't return them) ... yours for £5 each or something if you like

..................... Is there a wednesday ride tomorrow? 25th July
  • i'll be fine thanks. thanks for the offer though