Welcome to the forum

Club Run

edited August 2012 in Club runs
With the south east wind it was agreed "the only way is Essex" so of to Saffron Walden our merry band of 12 went. This is a beautiful route at any time of the year but with the sun out it was even more enjoyable. Out into a headwind averaging 17.5mph so the pace was not relaxed but not too punchy either.

Eventually we reached the point where the wind worked in our favour and there were some quick bits and chain gang action which brought back to me some lovely memories of being quite fit last year and doing it on a Tuesday evening;)

So all going well coming towards the final quarter. What was supposed to be the final quarter until we didnt turn left when we should have done! This led to a minor route alterations which added about 12/15/20 miles to the total depending on how many it was supposed to be in the first place.

We ended up with 80miles at 18.6 average so it was a good ride.

Thanks to everyone and those to did all the work and let me off. Thanks also to Jon for slipping your chain right on cue when we got on the front !!!

Comments

• Lovely morning.....great ride and company...was quite hard!
  • Glad you found it hard. I had to have a sleep on the sofa and didn't wake up until 5pm
  • Hi guy's

Sorry could not make it caught some sort of virus been sick as a dog, not turned a pedal for nearly a week missed all this lovely weather.

Be another week before i am back even missed a day of work 1st one for 23 years gutted.

see you all later

strappy.
  • good ride that - still don't understand how we only got an average of 18.6!!!

james - guess that grass didn't get cut then!!

strappy - hope you are feeling better soon mate
  • Sounds like a good one! See you out tmw at 9am for another.
    (post holiday, post virus and food poisoning for me... be kind!)