Welcome to the forum

MK Bowl report 1st May.

edited May 2008 in Road Racing
Another Thursday , another evening at the Bowl. Not raining, bright, but still chilly.
Scott, Carmello, Keith, Trahern, Andy Irons, Tim Hector were all in Ashwell colours, with Ian Cooper appearing in Fenland colours.

Keith had a puncture after about 5-10 minutes, so missed approximately 10 minutes whilst he fixed it. The gates were opened up to the top car park after 25minutes and at this point my legs gave up and I was shelled out the back (Coops got dropped before me). I plodded on the rest of the lap & passed a few others that blew along the way. Tim, Andy, Carmello continued with the main bunch.
As far as I know it turned into a bunch sprint at the end with Carmello getting 12th & Tim 15th (according to the BC website) I don't know what happened to Andy as he's not on the results sheet, and didn't catch him at the end of the race.

Scott was in the last 8~9 in a break on the last lap, as I was just behind them tootling around as they all wound up for the sprint. Scott coming in 6th place - very impressive.