Welcome to the forum

Winter Cycling in Cyprus

edited August 2012 in General
Hi All,

I have just received this from a company that myself, James Boyle, John Riddett, Richard Maynard and Nick Hall have used for cycling in the Limosin region of France a couple of times. I am sure we can all recommend the riding in France, and also the catering and hospitality provided by Andy & Cris and feel the idea of sun between 1st Nov & the end of March in Cyprus is also appealing. The package that Andy & Cris are putting together seems to me to be a great deal, and I can vouch for the food Cris puts on the table - we never managed to clear everything put before us in France! Should anyone like the look of what's on offer , you can contact them via their website.
www.limousincyclingholidays.com

The scenario below is based on the 7th - 12 November and Andy says to get the best flight prices 10 weeks notice would be ideal.

Andy B

Hi Andy

Hope you are keeping well and have managed to enjoy lots of riding this summer.

Andy has been working on a concept of offering 5 day road cycling breaks in Cyprus in the winter. (which is as warm and dry as our summer) and thought we would run our ideas past you to get your opinion whether this is something your club friends might like.

Day 1
Fly Ryanair from Stanstead to Paphos Cyprus, Collection from Paphos by Andy and transfer to Luxury Villa with Pool in the Secret Valley. All ensuite rooms, (2 double rooms, 2 twin rooms) (or larger villas for larger groups) Bikes (Boardman 2012 Bikes included) - Evening meal - all catering by Cris as usual. and Andys impeccable route planning.

Day 2
After breakfast 60 mile ride through foothills of Troodos Mountains including a 17km climb to 2000m (8-12%) followed by the same back down, each day packed lunch provided but there are tavernas where you can top up on more calories if needed.
Beach and bars not far away or a dip in the pool before dinner.

Day 3
After breakfast, 60 Mile ride through wine region, possibility of a vineyard visit and wine tasting if required! Still plenty of hills!

Day 4
After breakfast coastal ride, approx 60 miles, stunning scenery. Still hilly!

Day 5
Time for a short morning ride before transfer back to airport.

The total price, including bikes, accommodation, food, transfers and FLIGHTS with hand luggage (so long as booked in plenty of notice) will be £500 per person (own room) or if 2 sharing £450 per person.

All you would need to bring is your pedals and helmets.

Tell us what you think?
Andy and Cris

Cris & Andy Bassam
Bonkersfrog & Limousin Cycling, Walking and Activity Holidays

Comments