Welcome to the forum

100 mile club run, Sun 9th Sep, 8am start

edited September 2012 in Club runs
Making the most of the fine weather. A re-run of the excellent Chilterns ride we did in June.

Meet 8am Three Tuns. Relaxed average speed, just over 100 miles. 2 cafe stops. Some lumps but nothing too arduous.

Over to Woburn via Haynes. Mid-morning stop at Stockgrove CP cafe (Heath and Reach). Then a nice circuit in the Aylesbury Vale before heading SE to climb the Chiltern scarp at Aldbury, shortly followed by a lunch stop at the cafe by the Ashridge Monument. A rolling route home via Markyate, Peter's Green and Preston.

Ashwell, Haynes, Millbrook, Woburn, Gt. Brickhill, Heath and Reach, Stewkley, Winslow, Quainton, Whitchurch, Tring, Aldbury, Dagnall, Markyate, Peter's Green, Preston, Gt. Wymondley, Baldock, Ashwell.

Route outline and GPX/TCX download (via the Summary tab) available here:
http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=393975

Shaun

Comments

• Blimey... Would love to, but after the last 80 miler this would kill me :0(
  • Ah being dying that have a crack at a century, approx what time do you think we will make it back to the tuns?
  • Yee haaa. My chance to bag that elusive hundred
    And the sun's going to shine as well :))
  • Tom, depends a bit on who's out and how long the 2 stops take.

108m @ 16s = 6.75hrs + 1.25hrs stops = 8hrs. Probably around 4pm.
  • Mark, it won't kill you and it will make you stronger...
  • 8 hours?!?!! Afraid I can't get a pass for that long :0(

Enjoy guys (and monster - Jane) ;0)
  • edited September 2012
    any chance anyone fancies changing it to saturday.... just been reminded i have to go on holiday sunday :)
  • infact apologies ignore i will have to do another time... enjoy
  • Should see you there!
  • Those that can't make Shaun's monster Alpine wind down ride, could always come along on the Saturday 49 mile ride, and if you feel ok
    at the end of it you could always go round again. If you then do a lap of Ashwell at the end of that you'll get your 100 mile Blue Peter
    badge or maybe a pint in the 3 T''s.
  • Good stuff, Nathan. Anybody else coming out to play?

The LEJOG crew really liked this route, so it's the perfect chance to burn off some holiday calories or just to get a last long ride in summer weather.
  • Jane you'd better save that - I think I might be copping out! I am probably going to do the 50 tomorrow instead because I want something just a bit more pacey on my legs! :(
  • I'll be there, looking forwards to a day in the sun.
  • Six out on my monster Alpine wind down ride. Ian, JohnR, Jane, Steve, Vic and Shaun. Superb weather, two great cafe stops and a tailwind home. Some tired legs back at Ashwell, but everybody happy. About 110m at about 17mph. Sitting on the Tuns patio afterwards there was some minor dissent over the ride description - "Some lumps but nothing too arduous" - but I maintained it was reasonably accurate. Nice riding everyone. I enjoyed it.
  • Drums did indeed roll, shortly before 4pm and I hereby request admittance to the 100-mile club

Had an unforgettable ride - lovely route with plenty of 'extreme' lumps, plus v gd company. (And I drank enough Coke to keep me buzzing until Tuesday.) King of the Mountains definitely goes to Shaun
  • VicVic
    edited September 2012
    I needed that after a cycle-free holiday - I certainly felt the 1500m climbing in my legs, but that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Great route, I enjoyed it on a wet day in June and even more with today's unbroken, hot sun.

Welcome to the 100 club Jane and thanks for initiating the ride and thanks to the 'Garmin Meister', Shaun for the great navigation.
  • Sounds like it was a great ride Shaun! Congratulations Jane! :)