Welcome to the forum

Entries for Winter

edited September 2012 in Sportives
If anyone is interested in coming along. I just entered the Evans Epping Sportive on 21 October, and the Wiggle Winter Wight on 2nd December.
Anything else I decide to have a go at I will add.

Cheers

Comments

• Thanks for making us aware of these, I might do the Evans Epping Sportive.
    I also might do the HFT Ugley Ride on the 30th September and the Emmitremus ride on the 28th October from Stevenage.
  • No problem, any more I will just post a note to advise.
  • Mark, I.O.W all booked :-) I will be doing the End Of Summer ride too from Stevenage......
  • Excellent news, unfortunately for me the 28th Oct is out.
  • Hope the ride goes well mate......
  • Just a reminder about the Sunday Emmitremus ride as Nathaniel asked, all details here

You can enter on the day and there is a fee, but also spaces are limited and might not be available.

Myself, Nigel Hale and John Riddett are doing it, looking forward to it as this was the first ever Sportive I did 3 years ago, think it will be far easier this time!
  • Its notoriously worse on the return leg from Saffron Walden, elevation, road conditions, (flooding, mud etc..), AND a headwind...........lets hope we have a good one :-) ENLOY !!!
  • You weren't lying Nigel, at least I'm getting well used to changing tubes. My tyres are starting to look pretty shredded now though and it's only just winter.

Even with this set back my aim to obliterate my previous ride time succeeded.
  • Thats great news, I hope you enjoyed the ride, punctures aside..... what tyres you using, im on the Michelin Krylion carbon's which are proving to be quite good, ive covered lots of miles on these....very impressed and have been for a couple of years now :-)
  • I think that's where I'm doing myself no favours, i don't have winter specific tyres. I'll keep those in mind, thanks.

Entry is open for the Wiggle No Excuses Sportive in Huntingdon for March next year, details here

Anyone up for entering for this?

It is technically free (read the small print) and ignore that it says it's 'out of stock', if you order you'll be signed up.
  • A group of us did this ride this year, I'm sure we will be doing it again, was quite a good one, route, organization etc.....