Welcome to the forum

Hill Climb result 2012

edited September 2012 in Time Trial
Well done to all, great turnout. A difficult day with a fierce wind once round the right hander. Great to see the new lads getting stuck in and congratulations to Theo, the CCA hill climb champion.

Theo Doncaster 2.26
Ellis Dudley 2.27
Andy Saunders 2.27 (HNCC)
Craig Dyce 2.31
Nathaniel Rosa 2.32
Chris Pearce 2.34
Iain Foulkes 2.34
Shaun Bonney 2.43
Stef Dixon 2.51
Mark Wyer 2.55
Steve Feasey 2.55
James Smart 2.56
M Fraser 2.58
J Sunderland 3.02
Phil Keen 3.06
Robert Winfield 3.07
Dan Pedder 3.08
David Jones 3.10
Matt Scales 3.14
Jane Wilson 3.15
Josh Gibbs 3.33
Tim Skelding 3.36 mountain bike

So the over 13stone clydesdale category goes
Ellis Dudley 2.27
Mark Fraser 2.58
John Sunderland 3.02
Phil Keen 3.06

Ellis therefore proving that weight has got little to do with it!

Comments

• Thanks Tim for organising a great climb. Well done to all, some great times there.

Enjoyed my first, will be back for more next year.
  • Congrats Theo, very close! Thanks Tim for putting this on, and the pusher and start time keeper.

Tim, what's the chance of keeping this hill as the hill climb route for every year onwards? Might be an idea if others like consistency. I personally 'enjoy' the transition between slogging it up that last corner then sprinting flat out.
  • Photos of the event available here
  • Happy with that that and I can honestly say that I enjoyed my 1st hill climb. Thanks Tim, Lindsey and Mark for making it so.

Some amazing times on the board and clearly I have a lot of work to put in before next year's climb. Bring it on
  • edited September 2012
    Thanks to Tim and Lindsay for timing and for Mark W for pushing off (which presumably meant he had to start as last man off as the only rider with a foot down).

You expect Theo to fly up hills (what does he weigh, 6.5 or 7 stone perhaps?) but to see a fellow Clydesdale run him so close is very impressive. I averaged just under 500 watts for the first steep half of the climb so you can imagine the power that Ellis must have produced.

Mark F
  • 6.5? I'm 11 stone! but weight doesn't enter into it. It's all about power to weight.
    great event I'm looking forward to next weeks
  • Theo, it ain't about weight or power. It's all about CLASS, a thing you have bags of! Well done to you for a well deserved victory.
  • Nice one. Thanks to Tim, Mark and Lindsey. Well done Theo (who is heavier than me), great result mate. Shaun
  • Well done to all. A really close event at the fast end.
    We would have liked to give it a go but had tickets to the bike show and the logistics of stopping off at Baldock on the way to Birmingham was a bit much.
  • Thanks TIm, Lindsey and Mark. Well done to all and especially top 3 and Theo for the win. Nice to see some new faces out too.

And if you enjoyed that.... sign up for the Inter Club hill climb next Sunday and help CCA challenge Beds for 1st place overall.
    Book here