Welcome to the forum

GoPro HD Hero 2 bike camera for sale

edited October 2012 in Kit
Some of my fellow LEJoGgers will probably enjoy a wry smile if they read this. I'm looking to sell my almost brand new GoPro HD Hero 2 camera, complete with helmet strap, and optional bar mount kit and chest harness.

I purchased this in June to record the LEJoG ride, but thanks to me over-tightening the screw, the mount bracket snapped on the first day of use and it spent most of rest of the ride in the back of the van - what my kids would call an "epic fail" on my part.

Because of that, it is in perfect nick (I've since got a new replacement bracket) and is virtually unused.

For those of you unfamiliar with this bit of kit, it is the action camera that most sky divers, surfers, body boarders, snow boarders, mountain bikers and others use to film their exploits. But because it films in extremely wide angle (about 170 degrees) it also works really well on a big descent on a road bike.

As well as filming in full HD, it can be set up to take 11mp stills at anything from 0.5 - 30 second intervals and also does 120fps for super slow motion (though I've never tried this so cannot attest to its quality). It comes complete with a water proof housing.

The various screws, brackets and sucker pads mean you can attach it to just about anything that moves. It also comes with a helmet strap (though I warn you, it does feel funny tied to the top of your head) and a chest harness

The Outdoor edition of the camera, which is what I'm offering, sells new for about £250, with the bike mount retailing at £20 and the chest harness at another £40 - but I am offering it for £175 all in.

See here for all the daft things you can do with this very cool (but for me, sadly superfluous) piece of kit.

here is an example of a still shot I did get on the ride and here is a short video clip (worth watching if only to see Robbie do 300rpm on his fixie).

Adam

Comments

• Adam I've got someone who is interested....Can you whisper me your number so I can give it to him?

Cheers!!