Welcome to the forum

CCA Primavera - 17th May

edited April 2009 in General
Folks, it's about 3 weeks to go to the race day, and the preparations are going nicely.

To all the people who have offered themselves as drivers & marshalls already, thanks. If any of you have tentatively offered your services and or have thought about volunteering then can I please ask you to firm up your position, and if you want to helpout please confirm to Carmelo or myself ASAP and at the latest by 1st May ( as we are having a planning meeting that day).

Also if you have thought about racing on the day (come on all you sportive folks, give real racing a try) please sign up as soon as possible (it costs more to sign on 'on the day').

If you want to discuss anything about the event/helping out or racing then please talk to me at the AGM on Friday or email me.

Cheers

Trahern

Comments

• From Carmelo....

From Carmelo today.......

Hi All,

Below is a list of all helpers on day of race..just want to check this is right before I commit to programme

Chief comm. driven by Andy Bartlett
    Assistant comm. driven by John Riddett
    Lead Car 1 Max Pendleton
    Lead Car 2 Mark Wyer
    First Aid Tim Duckett
    Service vehicle Geoff Godschalk
    Licences Jane Clarke & Karen Bartlett
    Chief Judge Ian Clarke
    Catering James & Georgie Boyle
    Marshalls Pete Scoats
    Steve Kirklands
    Andy Irons
    Graham England
    Ollie England
    Phil Keen
    David Jones
    Tim Colbrook
    Andrew Hartley
    Julian Pegg
    Jim Rees

Thank you to all the above...if I have forgotten anyone please let me know ESPECIALLY any marshalls..we have bare minimum but could do with a couple more...

Carmelo Luggeri 01462743499 0785319318
  • Hello Carmello
    Add me in as a marshall, i am down to ride but playing football in a charity match Thursday evening i tore my quad, so it looks like more time out of the saddle.
    Unless someone as a spare right thigh they can loan me.

Have a good race tomorrow mate.
  • Keith!!!! you were my mentor!!!

hope you get fixed soon!!
  • Hey skelders, the way you were going the other Sunday you would have been my mentor, my misses used a different word than mentor when i hobbled in from the game last Thursday, especially after her no more football for you speach when i broke my arm playing 3 years ago.

One thing to remember, get as far up the front as you can when they leave Cople. Don't let them push you to the back. ( and that is what will happen ) If you are near the back when they go up the hill the first time you will most probably get dropped, if you are in the first 10-15 and you start to get dropped at the top you will still be in touch with the bunch and will get dragged along, if you are at the back and loose contact you will be all on your own and then it's a 34 mile time trial, i have had a few of those.

See you Sunday, don't blow yourself out before then
  • Keith,
    Thanks,an additional marshall will be useful, as we have a couple of points covered by only one at the moment, which makes it a pretty lonely & boring morning for whoever is on their own.

Also are there any marshalls that can get to Cople a little earlier, say 7:30 to work with Andy Bartlett & Pete Scoats going around the circuit putting the signs out. 2 teams of 2 going in opposite directions should take 35-40 mins.

Post here if you can help out with this task

Thanks

Trahern
  • HI trahern

I will give a hand mate, be there for 7.30

Keith
  • Hi Trahern,

Count me in for the early start if you still need somebody to help with the signs etc. Not sure if details have been posted elsewhere but where exactly do we need to meet and at what time?

Regards Andy
  • Well done Andy and Keith....sorry to hear about Quad K. that's a bad one since you've only just got over the other.
  • Keith, Andy,

Thanks for stepping up. Please be at Cople Village hall at 7:30.
    The hall is on the road between Cople & Cardington (Grange Lane), about 200yds on the left as you go towards Cardington.
    Google maps shows it clearly. It's the hall to the right of the cricket pitch.
    Any problems let me know.

Trahern
  • Oh and another thing.

If you are a marshall on the day and are driving to the course can you please throw a spade & broom in your car when you come.
    Last year there was a lot of mud & gravel on some of the corners & it really helps the riders safety if we can sweep the corners before the event starts.

Thanks

Trahern
  • would echo that... rode the course this morning for practice and had a blow out on the last corner before the long straight upto the hill. sharp stone ripped the side wall. didnt do much for the already shaky pre-race nerves!
  • sounds good advice...anything to lessen punctures eh Carmelo!!!..while we are on safety, can we enforce the riding on the left hand side always........the approach to the Prime out of Cople is a straight which often has the peleton sweeping to the right to gain wind advantage from the high hedge on the right.
  • The commisaires will go through all this on the morning to the riders. Riders should only cross the line when overtaking & if safe to do so.
    If the pace is slow the riders bunch and spread out. It will be up to the commisaire behind to bib his horn to tell the riders to move over and or the motocyclists to do the same.
    All I can do is stress to the commisaire that we want strict rules applying

Trahern
  • Are the signs and radios etc coming with the commisaire as last year? It was more than a bit hectic to get everything set up as he was later than expected. Any chance of picking the stuff up on saturday or are they being used on that day as last year? It would be alot easier if we could have everything on board before the morning so Pete and I could get all the signage up in good time. Thanks to Andy and the Arsey Flayer for volunteering to be there to help, if we can get the signs on saturday maybe we could meet at the start at around 7.00
  • totally agree on gear Andy..........the radios last year also were in a shoddy state and needed repairs before they would work....maybe we need to bring some bits so we can fix elementary electrics...I will rummage around for some useful bits..........I think this would be a good expenditure of club funds...our own set of walkie talkies/cb gear...any thoughts from those inthe know?
  • Hi Andy,

I can do whatever time you need. You will just need to let me know so i can make sure I'm there on time.

If i don't hear otherwise i will see you at 7-30 at Cople village hall.

Cheers Andy.
  • The Commisaire will NOT be bringing the gear. I am trying to arrange a day & time to go and pick these up from Hemel Hepstead club house before Sunday!!!! This is proving tricky at the moment, which isn't helping me at all.
    Assuming I get told I can pick these up on the Friday night or Sat sometime I will have them in my car at 7am on the Sunday morning. If you want Andy, I could drop the gear around to you on the Saturday ( assuming I get it!!!!)

Trahern
  • REQUIRED FOR TOMORROW'S RACE: A BELL

Couldn't find it when I picked the gear up from Hemel Hempstead last night. So if you have a suitable bell, or loud clangy thing please bring it a long tomorrow.

Failing that I'll just have to get my kids to jump up & down & shout

Cheers

Trahern