Welcome to the forum

Hillyfields Cyclo-Cross

edited October 2012 in Road Racing
With the coldest race of the league so far, it finally felt like the cross season had finally arrived. Hillyfields is a great course with a few flat sections on a heath, and lots of riding on narrow and muddy paths through wooded sections. All of this punctuated with the occasional set of steps, muddy bog or agonizingly steep incline. All in all, it's a great cross course.

In the women's race CCA was, as ever, strongly represented by Stevie Wyer (16th) and Jackie Field (7th) who now moves up to second in the league table. Anna Fraser also put in a strong show to come 14th. The vets saw similarly strong CCA participation with Craig Dyce coming 26th, Phil Keen coming 28th, Tim Duckett coming 34th and Stuart Field in 39th.

The under 12s race was overflowing with blue-clad talent:
6th James Fraser (1st U10)
10th Helena Dyce
17th Daniel Green
38th Felix Field
45th Alfie Duckett
53rd Ethan Green

Lottie Dyce (35th) and Noah Field (27th) continued Ashwell's success in the youth race, before the Senior/Junior/Elite Veteran race got underway.

Theo Doncaster put in another strong performace to continue his good form and come 7th (1st Junior, moving to 1st in the junior league). Bryn Davies [me] had my best race of the season so far finishing 36th just ahead of Jon Chapman in 44th. Peter Green did a good ride to come 66th ahead of Daniel Doncaster who fought as hard as ever for 72nd.

It was great to have so many CCA riders there today, there almost always seemed to be someone cheering you on from somewhere and the huge turnout secured our club's position as third in the club league table.

Comments

• That was top fun, great course and i didnt crash! Well done to all CCA and Theo...wow that is an amazing result, i had a look at your lap times, how do you do that? you are a very classy cross rider.
  • One club member enjoyed his own race so much that he tried to sneak into the Under 12 event afterwards too. :)