Welcome to the forum

Mud / rain guards for club rides.

edited October 2012 in General
Is there a preferred mud guard make / type that works better than most to fit to my Trek 1.5 for club rides that you can recommend?

Comments

• Mudguards....good point, please if you are riding on winter group rides get some mudguards, better for you, your bike and the riders behind....

The best option if you have the clearance and mudguard eyes (think your bike will have) are full mudguards, something like SKS chromoplastic. They give good protection but are fairly permanent and can be a pain if you are trying to put your bike in a car or want to take them off in a hurry.

Also popular are crud roadracer2 which offer full protection, attach with rubber bands and don't need mudguard eyes but can be fiddly to get right and rattly.

Or race blade type which are the easiest and quickest to put on and off but only have semi protection. I tend towards these but add a bit of old guard with cable ties to cover the seat tube area.

No right or wrong way, just get em!
  • Just ordered at Amazon:

"Crud Roadracer Mud Guard - Black"
    Sports; £22.48

Not that anyone actually rides behind me!
  • How did you get on with the Roadracers?

Torn between these and the Raceblades. Roadracers look much better imo, but heard contrasting views regarding fitment.
  • More fiddly to fit, but these ones will keep you, your other CCA buddies and your bike cleaner ...

See: http://www.crudproducts.com/
  • edited October 2012
    Matt, Just had a thought, you can slip my place to have a look at a bike I have them fitted to you if you wish. We could perhaps even fit them, as I have a bike stand and hanging kit etc in the garage.