Welcome to the forum

09:00 Club Run Sunday 11th Nov

edited November 2012 in Club runs
Sunday Club Run 9.00am from the 3 Tuns. 39 miles at a steady 15-16 mph.

Route suggestion (view/download):
Ashwell, Sandon, Buntingford, Hare St, Furneaux Pelham, Brent Pelham, Meesden, Barkway, Reed, Sandon, Ashwell

The weather should be good. Sunshine all the way and light winds!

Shaun

Comments

• Thanks for the route suggestion. Weather looking far better sunday than saturday so will tag along.
  • Nice route that Shaun, thanks, i will try to remember that one. Will try to join you but may have to be somewhere else.
  • Do the 9am middle rides not exist any more? Or does it just depend on who shows up
  • yes Nat there will be some longer faster people out at 9.00 as well.
  • Nice route, Shaun (though I wouldn't expect anything less of you)
    And the Met Office promises sunshine all the way with a gentle southwesterly (although they could well be leading us up the garden path)
    Should be fun :)
  • really looking forward to this, 1st time out in a good 6 weeks due to work commitments, see you all at 9
  • Apologies for not making it out this morning. I've got a touch of gastro... Boo hoo. Such a lovely day, too. Hope you all had a good ride.
  • split into a few groups, by the sound of things. 4 of us set out at a steady middle pace, bumped into the fast group half way round and picked up a couple from there before suffering a ridiculous amount of punctures! huge misfortune, 4 punctures on one ride? what about 4 punctures on 1 wheel? good luck with sorting that out, nathaniel! my garmin said 72 miles at 17.1, but that was from letchworth (forgot to press the lap button). Lovely day for it, indeed..
  • 'Club' ride was 39 miles at 15mph. V healthy turnout, gorgeous weather and only 3 punctures. (Jonathan, we missed you, but not your puncture-fest. Hope you get it sorted)
    Lovely undulating route with autumn colours and not too much debris on the lanes, though we did have a flooded section of road to contend with
    Vic stirred it up a couple of times, best of which was letting slip his penchant for a particularly sporty merino sheep, (whose name I didn't catch. Flossy or something)
    Thanks to David for co-navigating and of course to our trusty route-plotter. Get well soon, Shaun
  • Thanks to Shaun and Jane for a great route round the Pelhams. Judging by the state of us all when we got back to the Tuns I think Jane maybe slightly underselling the mud and grit fest of some of the roads and the 20 yards of muddy 'river' we had to ford in Ferneux Pelham. Good sprint down to slip end too, think MattS might have just held on long enough to squeeze the win.

Hope that you are not too bruised Vic after your tumble in Ansty.

DavidJ
  • two punctures on way over to Ashwell - thought I'd found the cause of the problem : clearly not!

Was a fantastic day, really missed going out.

Still, I had fun sorting through the half dozen or so older tubes and fixing them (or binning as appropriate). Also after I removed the 10th tiny flint from the tyre I just gave up and junked that too.

Let the trolling begin - best tyres are...
  • Just a bit of a sore elbow after my crash/slide, my ego's more bruised than my body - could have been much worse though! Not much you can do when you drop your chain and the rear wheel suddenly won't go round! Otherwise I enjoyed the ride in the autumn sun.

Sounds like Carmelo had a more serious accident on the fast ride, I hope he's OK?

Not sure why Jane found my praising the virtues of Sportwool so funny though. Sportwool
  • Nice to get out again after 4 weeks off! Mud guards certainly paying for themselves already!
    Very pleasant route in some fabulous autumn weather.

Full credit has to go to David for the decisive moment of attack and best lead out man since Renshaw!