Welcome to the forum

Club run review - 4th May

A good turn out - especially for the dozen or so in the 'middle' group - setting off for a brisk 50 miles, Essex way apparently. I'd be interested to know how that went. Meanwhile the faster group went off to loop the Primavera route a few times and be prepared for the big one in two weeks.

Back in Bob's group, seven of us went around Reed - Barley - Little Chishill - Brent Pelham - Anstey - Therfield. Scenic around Nuthampstead - the bluebells in full bloom.

Bob and Helena peeled off early on. Apparently Helena incurring a broken spoke around Nasty - no pun required - and limped back. Ably navigated by Mike and Dave - myself, Jon and Richard continued at a gentlemanly 15-16mph for 37 miles in the 21 degree Spring warmth.

Anyone else see the mountain biking unicyclists? This is a new extreme sport on me. Don't fancy the downhill bits there. Or the uphill bits.

Comments

• just 9 in middle group Martin...newbie(andy?) who really ought to have gone with the fast bunch,Tim D on his NEW wonder bike,Sam on his,Max who led the ride,Craig,Phil, Brian,Mark and myself..we headed to Dane end towards Saccombe some gravel track then through a beautiful estate and on into Hertford.negotiating roundabout outside county hall and left off it leading to the old railway which took us to Stevenage including 3 punctures.self/max and Brian.......through Tewin ,skirting Knebworth to old knebworth, Langley, Preston woods and crossing Codicote/hitchin road to Little Wymondley, Willian and into Baldock, I skipped the Lights crossing and stole a lead coasting expecting the rest to catch up. With a wind assist I was for once just creaming along and only saw the bunch coming when I was at the top of the last hill into Ashwell. Apparently Craig had a crash at low speed just before his house (taking helmet off and losing control) gnghhh..............I would have helped..honest...Great ride Max..we only averaged 17.5 or so for 54 miles but it did offer many challenges and some very interesting new scenery.
  • P.S. should have said..ran into Chris Smith and friend old Knebworth way who tagged on for a while