Welcome to the forum

Ice skating awards! 9.00 fast group?

edited December 2012 in Club runs
About 8 of us in our group...SO cold this morning..starting at -3... Quite brisk pace considering temperature but we more or less stayed together..pace broken up a bit by me..puncture and broken mudguard..but worse to come...

We went down the steep lane from Toddington to Tingrith and although we knew it would be bad there was a patch of ice that caught us all out except me and that was down to luck more than judgement!
Even Julian doing an amazing ride today on his mountain bike went for the figure skating style points...luckily we were going slowly and no one was hurt but I'm sorry for taking you down there..it was always going to be risky..

Ended up with 64 miles @ 17.5avg...plenty in that cold..

BTW..well done to Ellis who picked up 3rd place in 4th's race at Hillingdon...he won't be 4th cat for long!

Comments

• edited December 2012
    Couldn't believe it, I was near the back, someone went down about 10m ahead, then, (I guess because we all pulled the brakes to avoid colliding), as we got to the black ice we all went down, one after another, literally like some kind of syncronized scene, it was surreal to the point of being hilarious. Thank god we were going 5mph
  • edited December 2012
    cheers carmelo

that was a cracking ride first time for a few weeks i have been with the fast group felt that in my old legs.
    felt that in my rear end when i went down,

As i was behind carmelo thought i would be ok but as i was the first one to hit the deck i guess every one went down trying avoid me sorry guy's.

No damage to me or my bike just my over shoes melted as i was slidding down the hill as got up look behind me it was like a crash out of le tour utter carnage bikes & bodies all over the road.

Hope everyone is ok see you for the next week installment.

strappy.