Welcome to the forum

2013 - What are your targets or on the to do list?

edited December 2012 in General
I'm already looking at events for 2013 and have some targets and aspirations in mind, becoming more training focused starting from tomorrow, and was wondering who else had their own targets, even recreational. Plenty of different riders here so should have various targets. Might find some like-minded riders and looking to do the same events. And if you haven't even thought about next year, then you might now!

I'll kick off:

Get under 25 minutes for the club 10.
Compete in the London North Millennium Trophy (details here, and list of 2013 events here). This will tick off doing some 25m and other 10m courses.
Get a Cat 4 license and try out a race, the Ashwell one if it's being run.
Do a 100 mile ride with the club.
Do significantly better in the Catford Hill Climb, and do the Bec too.
Do some more Open hill climb events to gauge my potential to get into the National Hill Climb Championship in 2014.

Comments

• Crikey, youre keen. Its only just December! Anyway good targets but make sure you do some road races before the club one.

Im thinking.. a bit of hard track, a bit of grass track, a bit of cross and maybe a bit of training. might do the Fred Whitton, or at least the course as well. Also need a new bike or two.
  • yes more bikes I think
  • I can vouch for the millenium series, they are great rides. My favourites are the North Road Hard Riders and Welwyn Hilly. Hilly hard rides early on in the year.
  • Tim it's never too early! Nigel doesn't hit his 22's without doing the same, i see he's suffering on his turbo already.

Road racers - can you recommend any races in the first half of the year?

And who doesn't want more bikes. I've already planned to strip down my current one in September for hill climbing, and following that will be after a winter bike next year. If anyone might be selling one, let me know.
  • Fleche Welwyn road race, run by welwyn, on the same course as the Ashwell one, earlier in the year.
  • Aaaaaarrrrgh yes, the "Sufferfest"...... Its a must, It was a great part of my winter training last year :-) As per all them type's of training sessions though, they are only as hard as you make them !!

I have a NEW TT bike for next season, (I raced on it for a 30 at the end of this season), my aim's are to improve on all last years times, 10, 25 & 30, I may also look at a 12hr :-) I have entered quite a few sportives that are around the 100-125 mile mark.

I am hoping to go under 20 mins for an open 10 course, maybe enjoy a 30 too................... I think I entered too many open 10's this season so I will "cherry" pick my 10's to allow for some 25 & 30's and some training time for the 12hr if it happens !!!
  • edited December 2012
    Sounds like you might have a TT bike for sale Nigel?

Why don't you do the Millennium Trophy?

Will be the BBAR for you next!
  • Ride more and ride faster than 2012!

Difficult to plan too much with young one, but getting into the mid to high 20's on the club 10 is probably a doable target.

Oh, and buy some carbon at last!
  • Not fall off
  • edited December 2012
    Dear Santa,

Please bring some De Rosa-branded stabilisers for my friend Adam this Christmas .... x
    And for me, the strength and stamina for the following:

Jan - Harp Hilly Hundred; May - Chiltern Hundred, Gran Fondo (Medio last year); June - Dragon Ride, Gran Fondo; Aug - Ride London 100; Aug/Sep - mountains; Sep/Oct - hill climbs eg Catford